Cell C wifi calling

Aewallis

So I need to have a cellc flash on my phone for it to work? I have a p10 from Telkom and it does have wifi calling which is enabled. But according to the cellc support it doesn't support wifi calling at all. I assume that's just because cellc hasn't bothered to provision this handset version.

Attachments

cavedog

Honorary Master
So I need to have a cellc flash on my phone for it to work? I have a p10 from Telkom and it does have wifi calling which is enabled. But according to the cellc support it doesn't support wifi calling at all. I assume that's just because cellc hasn't bothered to provision this handset version.
No need. I have S8, S10 and Huawei P30 from Vodacom with Vodacom firmware on and as soon as I insert the Cellc simcard I get this SMS. If you did not get a similar SMS it's probably not activated on your number. Just call 135 and ask them to manually activate/add the service to your line. Screenshot is from my Vodacom Huawei P30 Lite with Cellc prepaid simcard in.
Screenshot_20190615_144300_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Aewallis

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

Please PM us the Cell C number in question so we can assist with your query.

^NZ

Tector

No need. I have S8, S10 and Huawei P30 from Vodacom with Vodacom firmware on and as soon as I insert the Cellc simcard I get this SMS. If you did not get a similar SMS it's probably not activated on your number. Just call 135 and ask them to manually activate/add the service to your line. Screenshot is from my Vodacom Huawei P30 Lite with Cellc prepaid simcard in.
View attachment 672979
Interresting! I know if you put it a Vodacom sim in a Cell C issued phone VoWiFi and VoLTE don't work. Do you perhaps know if MTN VoLTE works on a Vodacom issued Samsung phone?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Interresting! I know if you put it a Vodacom sim in a Cell C issued phone VoWiFi and VoLTE don't work. Do you perhaps know if MTN VoLTE works on a Vodacom issued Samsung phone?
Tried it's not working on Telkom and MTN. A Vodacom simcard with VoLTE enabled is working with VoLTE in my Huawei B618 router from Telkom.

Huawei also does not show VoLTE. You will know it's on VoLTE when making a call and it still shows 4G+ or 4G. If it goes back to 3G or H then no VoLTE. Samsung shows VoLTE.

dotcat

I have recently used this in Europe - sms's work as local - call quality great - cannot tell the difference. A cheap UK data sim in a MIFI and your phone works as normal. Really impressed!

Porsche Driver

Using a Cell C issued Huawei P20 Lite.

VoWifi works with a Cell C sim, and VoWiFi and VoLTE works with a Vodacom sim.

marioat1

Expert Member
Tried it's not working on Telkom and MTN. A Vodacom simcard with VoLTE enabled is working with VoLTE in my Huawei B618 router from Telkom.

Huawei also does not show VoLTE. You will know it's on VoLTE when making a call and it still shows 4G+ or 4G. If it goes back to 3G or H then no VoLTE. Samsung shows VoLTE.
Mate 20 pro shows Volte on Mtn BTW.

mith

I just called cell C on 135 to activate wifi calling and they say they can not activate on their side and I need to go to a store. So frustrating dealing with cell c support!

marioat1

Expert Member
I just called cell C on 135 to activate wifi calling and they say they can not activate on their side and I need to go to a store. So frustrating dealing with cell c support!
Have you enabled it on your device?

cavedog

Honorary Master
It should activate automatically but they should be able to manually activate it too. You can try the USSD code *147# or via the cellc app.

Download the Cellc app and then once logged in click on the menu the services. Wifi calling will have a slider to slide on or off.

chrisc

Executive Member
On an iPhone, under Mobile Data, you can switch on Wifi calling

whatwhat

Executive Member
On an iPhone, under Mobile Data, you can switch on Wifi calling

View attachment 721172
Can you confirm that iMessage works? If you go under setting and messaged is it activated? And are you overseas at the moment?

On Vodacom you can't enable iMessage while on WiFi calling in another country.

chrisc

Executive Member
Sorry, never used iMessage and I live in Cape Town. It is on though. Does that help?

Was in France and got an Orange SIM whilst there

Going to Japan in March, but not too bothered about phone calls. You get a portable wifi device which lets me use an iPad most of the time

I'm retired, so might use WhatsApp for calls if its necessary when I'm there