Cell C wifi calling

Aewallis

So I need to have a cellc flash on my phone for it to work? I have a p10 from Telkom and it does have wifi calling which is enabled. But according to the cellc support it doesn't support wifi calling at all. I assume that's just because cellc hasn't bothered to provision this handset version.

Attachments

cavedog

Honorary Master
So I need to have a cellc flash on my phone for it to work? I have a p10 from Telkom and it does have wifi calling which is enabled. But according to the cellc support it doesn't support wifi calling at all. I assume that's just because cellc hasn't bothered to provision this handset version.
No need. I have S8, S10 and Huawei P30 from Vodacom with Vodacom firmware on and as soon as I insert the Cellc simcard I get this SMS. If you did not get a similar SMS it's probably not activated on your number. Just call 135 and ask them to manually activate/add the service to your line. Screenshot is from my Vodacom Huawei P30 Lite with Cellc prepaid simcard in.
Screenshot_20190615_144300_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Aewallis

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

Please PM us the Cell C number in question so we can assist with your query.

^NZ

Tector

No need. I have S8, S10 and Huawei P30 from Vodacom with Vodacom firmware on and as soon as I insert the Cellc simcard I get this SMS. If you did not get a similar SMS it's probably not activated on your number. Just call 135 and ask them to manually activate/add the service to your line. Screenshot is from my Vodacom Huawei P30 Lite with Cellc prepaid simcard in.
View attachment 672979
Interresting! I know if you put it a Vodacom sim in a Cell C issued phone VoWiFi and VoLTE don't work. Do you perhaps know if MTN VoLTE works on a Vodacom issued Samsung phone?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Interresting! I know if you put it a Vodacom sim in a Cell C issued phone VoWiFi and VoLTE don't work. Do you perhaps know if MTN VoLTE works on a Vodacom issued Samsung phone?
Tried it's not working on Telkom and MTN. A Vodacom simcard with VoLTE enabled is working with VoLTE in my Huawei B618 router from Telkom.

Huawei also does not show VoLTE. You will know it's on VoLTE when making a call and it still shows 4G+ or 4G. If it goes back to 3G or H then no VoLTE. Samsung shows VoLTE.

dotcat

I have recently used this in Europe - sms's work as local - call quality great - cannot tell the difference. A cheap UK data sim in a MIFI and your phone works as normal. Really impressed!

Porsche Driver

Using a Cell C issued Huawei P20 Lite.

VoWifi works with a Cell C sim, and VoWiFi and VoLTE works with a Vodacom sim.

marioat1

Expert Member
Tried it's not working on Telkom and MTN. A Vodacom simcard with VoLTE enabled is working with VoLTE in my Huawei B618 router from Telkom.

Huawei also does not show VoLTE. You will know it's on VoLTE when making a call and it still shows 4G+ or 4G. If it goes back to 3G or H then no VoLTE. Samsung shows VoLTE.
Mate 20 pro shows Volte on Mtn BTW.

mith

I just called cell C on 135 to activate wifi calling and they say they can not activate on their side and I need to go to a store. So frustrating dealing with cell c support!

marioat1

Expert Member
I just called cell C on 135 to activate wifi calling and they say they can not activate on their side and I need to go to a store. So frustrating dealing with cell c support!
Have you enabled it on your device?

cavedog

Honorary Master
It should activate automatically but they should be able to manually activate it too. You can try the USSD code *147# or via the cellc app.

Download the Cellc app and then once logged in click on the menu the services. Wifi calling will have a slider to slide on or off.