Cellc sim swap

Bilali

Cellc really sucks, I lost my phone a month ago with my sim now I want to make a sim swap on the number they telling me I cant cause the number does not belong to me yet I have been using this number from 2008 and I had ported it from MTN to cellc thinking its the best service, yet now they failing to make my sim swap on a number I had for years.... this really sucks!!!!!!

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Bilali

That would depend on who Rica Registered the sim card. Additionally, if the sim card was already registered when you got it, then it would make the person who registered the sim card the account holder.

^MP

Yahyaa

I need to replace my contract cell c SIM card without visiting the store, is it possible

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Yahyaa

Was the old SIM card RICA registered under your name and ID number?

^NS

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Dear Zyzoe

Thank you for contacting Cell .

It is not possible and we have responded to your inbox.

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
i`ll like to do sim swap for Cell C
Dear SMOTLE

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your request to do a SIM swap.
Please purchase a new Cell C SIM card that is not RICA registered and send us an email to sm@cellc.co.za with the RICA serial number, Cell C number in question and alternative number we can reach you on.

^NZ

m0zy

Expert Member
Dear SMOTLE

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your request to do a SIM swap.
Please purchase a new Cell C SIM card that is not RICA registered and send us an email to sm@cellc.co.za with the RICA serial number, Cell C number in question and alternative number we can reach you on.

^NZ
Hello Cell C

And are we able to get a SIM swap for an Cell C LTE SIM? Our unit got stolen :(

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hello Cell C

And are we able to get a SIM swap for an Cell C LTE SIM? Our unit got stolen :(
Hi m0zy

Thank you for getting back to us.

Was the SIM card registered with your details?

^NZ

m0zy

Expert Member
Hi m0zy

Thank you for getting back to us.

Was the SIM card registered with your details?

^NZ
The work got me this one from WebAfrica. I have emailed them (WA) but no reply yet.

Smphiweshezi

hi I have been trying to do a sim swap after my phone was stolen,unfortunately i can not remember so required question(last numbers i called),the sim i want to keep is liked to my bnk,my university and my job applications,i real need my number back,I have tried calling Cell c ,I'm now fedup.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Smphiweshezi

As per the SIM swap policy, the process can only be done if the SIM card was registered under your names and ID number. You will also be required to answer security questions.

Please PM us the number in question and a contact number. Should you fail to answer the security questions, we will not process the sim swap.

^SM

hi I have been trying to do a sim swap after my phone was stolen,unfortunately i can not remember so required question(last numbers i called),the sim i want to keep is liked to my bnk,my university and my job applications,i real need my number back,I have tried calling Cell c ,I'm now fedup.
Do not link your important account with cell c number otherwise you will be in trouble.

Smphiweshezi

Do not link your important account with cell c number otherwise you will be in trouble.
[/QUO
Cell C is waisting our time,agent tells you to do affidavit but when you got an affidavit they still ask you the same questions you have failed to answer ,why do they say go for affidavit ?if they are not going to help you?waste of time

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Smphiweshezi

There is a lot of fraud when it comes to SIM swaps and that is why we take the necessary steps to protect you as the customer as well as Cell C.

^NT

TumieMol

Cellc really sucks, I lost my phone a month ago with my sim now I want to make a sim swap on the number they telling me I cant cause the number does not belong to me yet I have been using this number from 2008 and I had ported it from MTN to cellc thinking its the best service, yet now they failing to make my sim swap on a number I had for years.... this really sucks!!!!!!
They also told me that ....it sucks yei