CellC-> Vodacom

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Just want to find out if this is happening to anyone else, today, i noticed that my cellc is now on vodacom, no amount to forcing a switch makes it go back to cellc :( which is a pitty, Vodacom signal at home and at work is absolute shyte, hence me using cellc

epah

Expert Member
Just want to find out if this is happening to anyone else, today, i noticed that my cellc is now on vodacom, no amount to forcing a switch makes it go back to cellc :( which is a pitty, Vodacom signal at home and at work is absolute shyte, hence me using cellc
They are doing a migration, do you not watch, read or listen to news?

genetic

Honorary Master

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Eh, going to have to cancel, can’t do this shitty Vodacom signal at home

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Well, lol, I tried selecting Mtn , and it went on to Mtn , but only edge

mmshrink

Same problem - i left vodacom a few years ago because of poor reception in my area; now I find myself forced back to them. It's been 2 weeks now and Cell C don't seem to care, dozens of phone calls, multiple 'escalations' and nothing. Surely it's a breach of contract to force someone onto another network without agreement or even warning?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Maybe move away from the caves if you cant get network where you currently live.

Lol, cellc worked fine in the “caves”

Vodacom has some serious dead spots on the east rand

epah

Expert Member
Lol, cellc worked fine in the “caves”

Vodacom has some serious dead spots on the east rand
lol well cell c is non existant right now so you are beating a dead horse. Rather pack up and move to civilization.

unobeat

So i switched to Vodacom network as advised by CellC consultant and yah the network is horrible.

Every now and then internet connectivity drops
I hope such issues will be resolved.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
lol well cell c is non existant right now so you are beating a dead horse. Rather pack up and move to civilization.

I have fiber and no load shedding, civilised enough for me,

Going to see if I can port my number to Telkom , seems they have decent cover where I stay

ijacobs3

Expert Member
So i switched to Vodacom network as advised by CellC consultant and yah the network is horrible.

Every now and then internet connectivity drops
I hope such issues will be resolved.

Same , and signal just randomly keeps vanishing

StuartNisbet

I was previously getting download speeds of around 12mbps on Cell C. Now...... 0.08
Same problem - i left vodacom a few years ago because of poor reception in my area; now I find myself forced back to them. It's been 2 weeks now and Cell C don't seem to care, dozens of phone calls, multiple 'escalations' and nothing. Surely it's a breach of contract to force someone onto another network without agreement or even warning?
I agree. Cell C has regressed to pre dial up days. See speed test screen shot. Screenshot_20210209_201411_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I was previously getting download speeds of around 12mbps on Cell C. Now...... 0.08

I agree. Cell C has regressed to pre dial up days. See speed test screen shot. View attachment 1015755

Looks like you got moved to emptyM, judging by the edge logo

Try doing a manual network select for Vodacom, if you manage to get signal, it should be faster

mmshrink

If you look at the cell c twitter page, it's full of complaints like this - how come the news media isn't covering this - mybroadband should do an article on this? It's very newsworthy! What's the legality of this i wonder ?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
@rpm could you perhaps get one of your news writers to look into this?

Last edited: