CellC-> Vodacom

StuartNisbet

Looks like you got moved to emptyM, judging by the edge logo

Try doing a manual network select for Vodacom, if you manage to get signal, it should be faster
Thanks. I was under the impression we were moved to Vodacom. But you are correct it is emptyM.

mmshrink

There has been no media coverage of this debacle as yet - MBB had a news article last week but it was not about how people who have no Vodacom coverage in their areas have now been forced into zero network coverage - with no help at all from the customer care or technical dept at Cell C.

I'm now a full 3 weeks without a signal in my home, and I work from home in the mornings. The Cell c twitter page has many, many cases like mine. I've spoken to dozens of people - customer care and technicians - and had it escalated several times. It's a travesty to make us continue paying for this.

And, of course, if you want to cancel the contract, be prepared to pay the full outstanding amount, rather than the reasonable fee they are compelled by the CPA to charge.

It's a pity there's not more publicity about this aspect of the migration.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
There has been no media coverage of this debacle as yet - MBB had a news article last week but it was not about how people who have no Vodacom coverage in their areas have now been forced into zero network coverage - with no help at all from the customer care or technical dept at Cell C.

I'm now a full 3 weeks without a signal in my home, and I work from home in the mornings. The Cell c twitter page has many, many cases like mine. I've spoken to dozens of people - customer care and technicians - and had it escalated several times. It's a travesty to make us continue paying for this.

And, of course, if you want to cancel the contract, be prepared to pay the full outstanding amount, rather than the reasonable fee they are compelled by the CPA to charge.

It's a pity there's not more publicity about this aspect of the migration.

The social media people just ignore me now, as do the call Center staff,

They still maintain that it’s network maintenance

mmshrink

They literally ignore me, too. The last person I spoke to told me it is not their problem, it's Vodacom's problem, and they will "ask" a Vodacom technician to call me. That was a week ago, of course nothing has transpired. I even posted on the Vodacom support twitter page - I was told it's not their problem; cell c must deal with it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Apologies for the unpleasant service you have experienced.

Kindly send us the Cell C number in question via Private Message and your alternative number we can reach you on so we can assist.

^NZ

They literally ignore me, too. The last person I spoke to told me it is not their problem, it's Vodacom's problem, and they will "ask" a Vodacom technician to call me. That was a week ago, of course nothing has transpired. I even posted on the Vodacom support twitter page - I was told it's not their problem; cell c must deal with it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Just want to find out if this is happening to anyone else, today, i noticed that my cellc is now on vodacom, no amount to forcing a switch makes it go back to cellc :( which is a pitty, Vodacom signal at home and at work is absolute shyte, hence me using cellc
Good day

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

We apologize for the delay in response. Please send us the Cell C number in question via Private Reply so we can assist resolve your query.

^NZ

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Good day

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

We apologize for the delay in response. Please send us the Cell C number in question via Private Reply so we can assist resolve your query.

^NZ
Sent

mmshrink

This must be a joke! Here is the "solution" offered by the helpful cell C representative:

Hi there
Please change your network settings to Automatic Network Selection and advise.
^MP

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this useless advice. I've spoken to dozens of customer care agents, and technicians, and I've been through every conceivable setting on my phone over the past 3 weeks.

The problem is very simple: VODACOM"S SIGNAL IN MY AREA SUCKS. This has always been the case - I moved from Vodacom to Cell c some years ago for precisely this reason.
I'm dumb-founded that this cell c representative did not bother to read up the history of this complaint after I've given him/her my details.

So, thanks for proving the point that your service is astonishingly poor.

AdrianH

Expert Member
This must be a joke! Here is the "solution" offered by the helpful cell C representative:

Hi there
^MP

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this useless advice. I've spoken to dozens of customer care agents, and technicians, and I've been through every conceivable setting on my phone over the past 3 weeks.

The problem is very simple: VODACOM"S SIGNAL IN MY AREA SUCKS. This has always been the case - I moved from Vodacom to Cell c some years ago for precisely this reason.
I'm dumb-founded that this cell c representative did not bother to read up the history of this complaint after I've given him/her my details.

At least you got a reply, counts for something right

ijacobs3

Expert Member

Hi there
^MP

This is the same response I got, and just like social media , went silent after I replied with pretty much the above

ijacobs3

Expert Member
@Cell_C are we going to get silence here too ? Just like the social media team on Twitter?

No amount of changing roaming settings will fix **** network coverage!!!

Why is it some prepaid numbers can still use cellc network , and not forced to Vodacom?? Why can we only use edge on emptyM??

Last edited:

ijacobs3

Expert Member
8967b984af29c944ab4bd42752aa60c1.jpg

feedback has been issued

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Telkom mobile prepaid will work out cheaper than my current contract

8bd107bb277bb2fc42c115d90c0d266a.jpg

Let’s see if I can get my cell c moved to prepaid , and then it’s porting time

mmshrink

I've got 6 contracts with these guys. 4 are on month-to-month now, but 2 are nowhere near finishing, and they want to charge me the full amount to end the contract early. Also, looking at some of the twitter complaints, I fear that they will continue to debit me even after cancellation, as they have been doing to others. The admin seems to be in complete disarray.

I think moving to pre-paid (which then puts you on the MTN network) is the best idea. I tried to do this on Monday, but I had to hang up after waiting for 8 minutes on the phone after the agent went to ask her supervisor what to do ....

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I've got 6 contracts with these guys. 4 are on month-to-month now, but 2 are nowhere near finishing, and they want to charge me the full amount to end the contract early. Also, looking at some of the twitter complaints, I fear that they will continue to debit me even after cancellation, as they have been doing to others. The admin seems to be in complete disarray.

I think moving to pre-paid (which then puts you on the MTN network) is the best idea. I tried to do this on Monday, but I had to hang up after waiting for 8 minutes on the phone after the agent went to ask her supervisor what to do ....

What’s very weird , my daughter pre-paid number , still shows cellc

But I agree, my number is now on month to month, tried calling about cancelling, was on hold for about 20 minutes waiting for cancellations before just hanging up

mmshrink

@rpm : Perhaps you could ask one of the journalists to cover this very newsworthy debacle, which is affecting a progressively multiplying number of customers. Just have a look at the @cellc_support twitter page over the past week - there is an increasing number of serious complaints daily about loss of signal since the migration, and it's in almost every case a complaint from those who have been shoved onto Vodacom.

I would love to know what the legal implications are - Does this not represent a breach of contract, to change the fundamental basis of the contract, which is the provision of network coverage?
If the contract is breached then what recourse do we have? How do we go about canceling contracts without being penalised by having to pay back the full remaining contract-fees (which in any case is a contravention of the CPA).

We consumers are absolutely powerless, since the service-centre people have no ability , or apparently interest, in assisting.
I really don't understand why this very topical unfolding event is not being reported on.

Lee31

For your 2 contracts that are nowhere near finishing, does cellc want u to pay up the remainder of the contract before moving u to prepaid?

This is my network even after enabling roaming, can't even open my gate due to no network being available (No cellc, No vodacom), no amount of switching to roaming fixes this.

CellC - as contract customers are we not entitled to the service we signed a contract with u for? You are defaulting on your side of the agreement. 20210218_071453.jpg

ijacobs3

Expert Member
For your 2 contracts that are nowhere near finishing, does cellc want u to pay up the remainder of the contract before moving u to prepaid?

This is my network even after enabling roaming, can't even open my gate due to no network being available (No cellc, No vodacom), no amount of switching to roaming fixes this.

CellC - as contract customers are we not entitled to the service we signed a contract with u for? You are defaulting on your side of the agreement. View attachment 1022406
@Cell_C has pulled the same stunt as the twitter guys, Silence