CellC-> Vodacom

mmshrink

For your 2 contracts that are nowhere near finishing, does cellc want u to pay up the remainder of the contract before moving u to prepaid?

This is my network even after enabling roaming, can't even open my gate due to no network being available (No cellc, No vodacom), no amount of switching to roaming fixes this.

CellC - as contract customers are we not entitled to the service we signed a contract with u for? You are defaulting on your side of the agreement. View attachment 1022406
Yes, they want the full amount - to cancel the contract, that is.

I have no idea about the how/what for moving to pre-paid because I have simply been unable to contact someone at the customer care line (I get put on hold for around 10 minutes before having to put down).

I would like to know from someone who had this problem that moving to pre-paid actually solves the problem! We may find ourselves still in the Vodacom coverage-swamp.

ijacobs3

Expert Member

I have no idea about the how/what for moving to pre-paid because I have simply been unable to contact someone at the customer care line (I get put on hold for around 10 minutes before having to put down).

I would like to know from someone who had this problem that moving to pre-paid actually solves the problem! We may find ourselves still in the Vodacom coverage-swamp.
Setting your Roaming to MTN gives you great signal, but only edge , my daughter on prepaid Cellc, her phone still shows cellc , and she has full signal ( lte)

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
For your 2 contracts that are nowhere near finishing, does cellc want u to pay up the remainder of the contract before moving u to prepaid?

This is my network even after enabling roaming, can't even open my gate due to no network being available (No cellc, No vodacom), no amount of switching to roaming fixes this.

CellC - as contract customers are we not entitled to the service we signed a contract with u for? You are defaulting on your side of the agreement. View attachment 1022406

Hi there

Please PM us the number in question.

^MP

ijacobs3

Expert Member

Where I can usually have a work call with my sites on the drive to work, is not totally useless , 8 dropped calls

:(

Vodacom is the pits

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Where I can usually have a work call with my sites on the drive to work, is not totally useless , 8 dropped calls

:(

Vodacom is the pits

Hi there

Please PM us your residential address and contact number.

^MP

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Hi there

Please PM us your residential address and contact number.

^MP

Its not just at home, its all the way to work, its at work, its anywhere.

I've been through the address thing for the last 8 years with Vodacom for my wife , who for some odd reason insists on sticking with them, yet is always on wifi and making whatsapp calls.., either way , i cannot see how cellc will magically fix vodacoms sketchy network.

mmshrink

A work-around I've found, which is not perfect, but has at least allowed me to remain functional, is to activate wi-fi calling. You have to pay another R200 a month to these jokers but what can you do? It won't work for your drive to work, as you have to be linked to some form of wi-fi at the time, but at home it will at least allow calls and OTP's etc to arrive.

Lee31

If ur on prepaid, that then allows u to port to a network provider with good network in ur area.

Since CellC and Vodacom are both crappy, I've gotten a MTN sim to test:
- MTN - DL/UL of 11/1 Mbps on 4G
- Cellc/vodacom - DL/UL 0.7/0 Mbps on 4G

The data is actually usable on the MTN sim. With Cellc/Vodacom it shows 4G but web pages can't even open.

mmshrink

So I just had a call from someone at cell c who says they are aware of problems with the "roll-over" affecting certain numbers; my number is among the 'problem' ones. He called to ask my permission to send the details to the technical department (!) and then I must wait for the technicians to call me (3 to 7 days) so they can "change the configuration settings". I don't know what to make of this. Why didn't they do this a week ago, and have the technician call me straight away without adding another layer of waiting? This sounds like a delay tactic.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
So I just had a call from someone at cell c who says they are aware of problems with the "roll-over" affecting certain numbers; my number is among the 'problem' ones. He called to ask my permission to send the details to the technical department (!) and then I must wait for the technicians to call me (3 to 7 days) so they can "change the configuration settings". I don't know what to make of this. Why didn't they do this a week ago, and have the technician call me straight away without adding another layer of waiting? This sounds like a delay tactic.

Yeah, this is the nonsense I got as well,

I wonder what magic setting will improve Vodacom’s signal

mmshrink

My signal has improved over the past 2 days - I suspect that I've been returned to the cell c network?
I've asked the technician to call me so that I can ask what exactly they did - so that I can share it here, but haven't yet heard back from them ....

ijacobs3

Expert Member

“Dear Valued Cell C Customer

Network provisioning has been completed

Please reboot your device and manually select Cell C on Network Selection

Regards
Cell C Support”

Where I currently am, all signal is crap, but when I get home, I’ll be able to use my phone again