Checking line conversion status

dyllindd

Hi Everyone,

I had a telkom line installed and signed up for a Business uncapped package from Afrihost. I am aware that it takes between 14 - 28 days to convert the line to an adsl line and transfer to Afrihost. What I would like to know is, are there any ways to check the status/progress of this. I have alreade bought an adsl modem/router and have all the infrastructure. Basically waiting for line to become active. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Hmm as far as I'm aware if the line is installed into your house and the telephone is working you have ADSL.

You made a big mistake tho you should always keep your line with Telkom so you can switch easily between service providers (You will want to do this at some point)

To me the problem looks like the line transfer from Telkom to Afrihost.

Batista

Executive Member
Hmm as far as I'm aware if the line is installed into your house and the telephone is working you have ADSL.

You made a big mistake tho you should always keep your line with Telkom so you can switch easily between service providers (You will want to do this at some point)

To me the problem looks like the line transfer from Telkom to Afrihost.

Why keep the line with telkom when you are getting a R50+- discount with afrihost on the line?
I changed this morning from a 2mbps biz uncapped to 4mbps.Should only be active in 48 hours time.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Why keep the line with telkom when you are getting a R50+- discount with afrihost on the line?
I changed this morning from a 2mbps biz uncapped to 4mbps.Should only be active in 48 hours time.

Check out this thread http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/776844-What-difference-would-it-make.

This is just a way that ISP's try to control you and then when you ask them to report a fault they don't and you have to do it anyway. If you ever try to change your line to another company there are 4-8 week problems. Pay the extra and do it yourself you gonna save yourself alot of pain.

KantSnyer

Expert Member
Hi Everyone,

I had a telkom line installed and signed up for a Business uncapped package from Afrihost. I am aware that it takes between 14 - 28 days to convert the line to an adsl line and transfer to Afrihost. What I would like to know is, are there any ways to check the status/progress of this. I have alreade bought an adsl modem/router and have all the infrastructure. Basically waiting for line to become active. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

I waited 7 weeks for my new line to be activated, probably would have been longer if I didnt get hold of TelkomZA who managed to get a technician out a little sooner....Telkom are seriously short staffed these days so be prepared to wait :whistling:

MickeyD

RIP
I waited 7 weeks for my new line to be activated, probably would have been longer if I didnt get hold of TelkomZA who managed to get a technician out a little sooner....Telkom are seriously short staffed these days so be prepared to wait :whistling:
His line is already activated... different scenario here.