Connecting iBurst to PS3

Eyenstyn

I am using windows 7 and have tried sharing network in the LAN properties and iBurst PPOE properties but ps3 does not obtain the ip address from the iburst modem.

Am I missing a step?

I also have a D-Link DSL-264OU wireless G ADSL+2 router which is not WLAN enabled so I cant use the router to iburst modem method...:/

Does anyone know which router is good to use with iburst?

Markd

your post is confusing to me. How can you have a wireless router that is not wireless enabled?

i use a pretty standard Netgear wireless router. PS3 connects to the router, like the PC does, and router connects to the internet with my iburst credentials. Very efficient setup. I dont have any configuration on my PC for iburst. My router acts as a DHCP server for my w/LAN as well so it picks up all the necessary tcp/ip info.

With this in place, it makes it easy to stream music and movies to my PS3.

Eyenstyn

thanks markd for replying. i hooked up the router again and tried testing if it worked, my laptop connects via wifi but there is no internet connection :/ i enabled share internet connection on the lan adapter settings but still didn't work.

i think thats whats missing...i am not sure where to enter my iburst credentials on the router?

isie

Executive Member
sorry but your posts is abit confusing.
Please clasrify, which Iburst modem do you have, usb or the desktop one

if you have the desktop one you need need to plug it into the router, go to router setting or setup tab and there insert your username and password for iburst, the router when then dial the iburst modem.
now go back to the router look for the wirelss tab, switch it on (dont forget to set a password) then once the wifi is on you can conect you laptop pc, ps3 etc to the router and this will let them use the net

Mercury

Eyenstyn

@isie: did that but it didnt work

@Mercury: correct i am using a desktop utd. i came across that thread before...was just trying my luck again with the same router :/

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
Suggest you obtain a Linksys WRT54GL (works with a UTD). I suggest you load it with the tomato or dd-wrt firmware
The combo works like a train.

isie

Executive Member
+1 on getting the linksys I use it its easy to use and works like a charm but before spending money on a new modem, ill try and fin the manual for your current router, maybe i can get you step by step info on setting up

Last edited:

isie

Executive Member
okay lets see looks like your router doesn t allocate IP properly, so you need to asighn stati IP to your PC and Ps3 in the same range as your router - i.e 192.168.1.x.
on you router go to wan, click add the first chreen set VPI to 8 and VCI to 35, leave Quality of service unticked click next pick pppoE (ppp over Ethernet), click next ppp usernamr. will be username@ iburst.co.za, password you know - autentication Auto is fine
click next , until you can click finish, now try setting up the Wifi, part but please dont forget to put in a password for wifi :)

Eyenstyn

@isie: i packed the router away this morning hoping to sell it later this week. will try your method first tho. thanks :)

@madhawk: thanks man!

Eyenstyn

it didnt work. i previously configured the router pppoe settings but didnt try the static ip method but both still didnt work.

i actually just want to share a direct link to the ps3 via the pc. that did work at one stage but i am not sure how i got it right :/

renierp

I am using windows 7 and have tried sharing network in the LAN properties and iBurst PPOE properties but ps3 does not obtain the ip address from the iburst modem.

Am I missing a step?

I also have a D-Link DSL-264OU wireless G ADSL+2 router which is not WLAN enabled so I cant use the router to iburst modem method...:/

Does anyone know which router is good to use with iburst?
I have an Asus WL520g running dd-wrt and a Belkin N1 vision that I want to sell. Both Works great on Iburst. PM me if you are interested

Sent from the MyBroadband iPhone App

Eyenstyn

I have an Asus WL520g running dd-wrt and a Belkin N1 vision that I want to sell. Both Works great on Iburst. PM me if you are interested

Sent from the MyBroadband iPhone App
Thanks isie for the link and all your help :) I bought a router from renierp and got the wifi up and running...I can finally dl the update for God of War III :D