Status
Not open for further replies.

image132

Expert Member
Shouldn't we have heard some sort of feedback regarding the Octotel issue by now, even if its just they say nothing is wrong?

boyequal

The outage last night/this morning also got to me...

Nothing on their Status page. No response on Social Media. Nothing here... Seriously? Don't the engineers have access to that page just say: "We are aware, chill!"?

Come on, Cool Ideas! Don't start letting me down after 3 years.

wingnut771

Executive Member
There are other fibre ISP's out there that use octotel on these threads and nobody seems to be complaining there, only here, which tells me this issue is more ISP related than not, and users that have come here from other bad ISP's seeking greener pastures should reserve judgement after trying a third time IMHO.

cavedog

Honorary Master
dbn openserve
Since you are on Openserve you can easily test another ISP by simply changing the pppoe details. Free 1GB from Webafrica or Afrihost and you can do a couple of speedtests with the free data to determine if it's Openserve or Cool Ideas and then take it from there. Basically the ONLY advantage Openserve has over the other fibre network operators.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
There are other fibre ISP's out there that use octotel on these threads and nobody seems to be complaining there, only here, which tells me this issue is more ISP related than not, and users that have come here from other bad ISP's seeking greener pastures should reserve judgement after trying a third time IMHO.
I've been on another ISPs network from the middle of this week - pretty much the same experience, but better support.

On Monday I'll probably give notice to CISP, the support and attitude just doesn't sit right with me. They confirmed all that's due to them is the return of the router.

Tinuva

The Magician
I have seen people complain about other ISPs too, on different mediums than MyBB however. Its not ISP related.

wingnut771

Executive Member
On zatech slack people complain bout webafrica and Octotel.
That just means that webafrica use the same links as cool ideas regarding octotel, maybe there are others that use different? I don't know I'm asking. Take Rocketnet for example, seems peaceful over there compared to here.

Tinuva

The Magician
That just means that webafrica use the same links as cool ideas regarding octotel, maybe there are others that use different? I don't know I'm asking. Take Rocketnet for example, seems peaceful over there compared to here.
Lol no. It's Octotel

Status
Not open for further replies.