Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool

I dont think anyone realises how difficult it is for me to do all these tests. Internet should not be so hard. I have a 71 year old husband that does not know anything about computers, I have neighbours that know even less. Everytime I have to do these things I have to carry laptops and computers around. I not young anymore. I give up.
I'm sorry and I understand the frustration, We can bring it up with them again but the proof always motivates things a bit more.

MDE

Expert Member
I'm sorry and I understand the frustration, We can bring it up with them again but the proof always motivates things a bit more.
Proof means f'all to Octotel. They don't give one F about their customers. Been struggling with congestion at peak times for over a month now. TheRoDent even logged a ticket with all his tests and still struggling. Can't stream anything right now...except for 180p YouTube videos which even buffer

joeline

I'm sorry and I understand the frustration, We can bring it up with them again but the proof always motivates things a bit more.[/QUOTE
@PBCool

I apologise for snapping, just having a bad day. I am using your proxy now and it is perfect. I will do the tests tomorrow night when I have moved my computer closer for the tests. Thank you for trying to help.

Phinix

@PBCool @TheRoDent

Openserve 100/50, Cape Town.

I see others are reporting issues. For me I see local ping for example to '192.168.10.5' which is normally 3ms average is now swinging between 6ms and 13ms.

Twitch is normally ok these days when not on the proxy, but is generally perfect when using the proxy. Tonight twitch is all over the place with buffering even when using the proxy.

8102244703.png

TheRoDent

Expert Member
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Openserve 100/50, Cape Town.

I see others are reporting issues. For me I see local ping for example to '192.168.10.5' which is normally 3ms average is now swinging between 6ms and 13ms.

Twitch is normally ok these days when not on the proxy, but is generally perfect when using the proxy. Tonight twitch is all over the place with buffering even when using the proxy.

View attachment 630108
So, 192.168.10.5 is still OpenServe's router on which ICMP performance cannot be guaranteed, especially during peak times when everyone is pinging it.

What does a full traceroute look like and what does a ping to for example 154.0.0.247 (which is our side) look like....

Phinix

So, 192.168.10.5 is still OpenServe's router on which ICMP performance cannot be guaranteed, especially during peak times when everyone is pinging it.

What does a full traceroute look like and what does a ping to for example 154.0.0.247 (which is our side) look like....
Was going to test last night for you, but had switched to Vox while watching Twitch.
Tried to switch back to CI but couldn't connect. I see now you have a notice up about it.
When ever I can reconnect I will post that ping.

blunt

Expert Member
MTN CPT N/Subs just fine.

Anyone unable to connect to the Mac App store? Very intermittent since Friday here, every time i manage to see my updates and click update it just "spins" permanently and nothing gets updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.