Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry and I understand the frustration, We can bring it up with them again but the proof always motivates things a bit more.
Proof means f'all to Octotel. They don't give one F about their customers. Been struggling with congestion at peak times for over a month now. TheRoDent even logged a ticket with all his tests and still struggling. Can't stream anything right now...except for 180p YouTube videos which even buffer
 
I'm sorry and I understand the frustration, We can bring it up with them again but the proof always motivates things a bit more.[/QUOTE
@PBCool

I apologise for snapping, just having a bad day. I am using your proxy now and it is perfect. I will do the tests tomorrow night when I have moved my computer closer for the tests. Thank you for trying to help.
 
It should be max of 180ms for now have you tried to run a trace to the server?

No I haven’t, what’s the IP of the server? Why should it be max of 180 and not 160 like before? What’s changed and when will it be fixed?
 
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Openserve 100/50, Cape Town.

I see others are reporting issues. For me I see local ping for example to '192.168.10.5' which is normally 3ms average is now swinging between 6ms and 13ms.

Twitch is normally ok these days when not on the proxy, but is generally perfect when using the proxy. Tonight twitch is all over the place with buffering even when using the proxy.


8102244703.png
 
Phinix, have you tried out Streamlink with the Twitch GUI? It works extremely well for me, never have any buffering issues.
 
MTN still pathetically slow. Unable to login to the client zone to create a ticket.

1552244850839.png
 
Weird that your is so low in speed. Which fibre provider are u with. I am with TTConnect and CISP.

Tested mine again and all seems good.

View attachment 630130
I don't even get close to that on 100/100 Frogfoot and I have 40ms less latency than you do.
8102405812.png

And I used to get 60-70Mbps down to London on Vox, same machines.
 
I know for a fact i am not using the proxy on the device i am testing on. I only use it when streaming twitch on my pc.
 
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Openserve 100/50, Cape Town.

I see others are reporting issues. For me I see local ping for example to '192.168.10.5' which is normally 3ms average is now swinging between 6ms and 13ms.

Twitch is normally ok these days when not on the proxy, but is generally perfect when using the proxy. Tonight twitch is all over the place with buffering even when using the proxy.


View attachment 630108

So, 192.168.10.5 is still OpenServe's router on which ICMP performance cannot be guaranteed, especially during peak times when everyone is pinging it.

What does a full traceroute look like and what does a ping to for example 154.0.0.247 (which is our side) look like....
 
So, 192.168.10.5 is still OpenServe's router on which ICMP performance cannot be guaranteed, especially during peak times when everyone is pinging it.

What does a full traceroute look like and what does a ping to for example 154.0.0.247 (which is our side) look like....

Was going to test last night for you, but had switched to Vox while watching Twitch.
Tried to switch back to CI but couldn't connect. I see now you have a notice up about it.
When ever I can reconnect I will post that ping.
 
MTN CPT N/Subs just fine.

Anyone unable to connect to the Mac App store? Very intermittent since Friday here, every time i manage to see my updates and click update it just "spins" permanently and nothing gets updated.
 
I’m Vuma Aerial 200/200 in Glenhazel.
hmm ok as far as i recall the international routes via cpt so i'd assume mine should be 20ms better, which sounds about right that you should be expecting 160 odd.

(MTN here)
 
Haven’t received an answer to this yet. Why is my ping suddenly higher? I used to get around 160 to London now I’m up to 190.
Ping CT and check if latency increase is due to local or international. Could be it's routing through east coast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X