Cool Ideas or Home Affairs? WORST customer experience ever!

JC1313

I have been a customer with Cool Ideas for about 6 months, I have had 20 plus problems with them. They debit money even when I have been paying with payfast since I joined them and still havent refunded me putting me in arrears with my bank and I am being charged fees cause of it . They take ages to reply (once it took them 4 days to reply to me) even though I call and they dont answer, terrible agents. I would rather deal with Home Affairs than Cool Ideas. So if you're thinking about signing up with them Good luck

JC1313

Such bad service i have to write two reviews

Telkom, Home Affairs, Licensing Department have better customer service than Cool Ideas. I wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy. Still in arrears and have charges cause they have debited me even though I pay with their payfast option

maumau

Honorary Master
Very sorry to hear this. So far I've only read good reports and was about to sign up with them.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I'm with them, they've been fantastic. Sorry to hear about your issue.

JC1313

Yeah for the first two months I was with them was perfect, After that they have been so bad. They have debited me 3 times in one moth eve though I am paid up

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Sounds like a real issue man, sorry to hear. Have you called them or spoken to someone who could help? hope you can resolve it.

Have you had any issues besides the billing?

JC1313

Yeah so many issuses, once I had a internet connectivity issue problem and they took 4 days to reply even though I called and no answer then it took them an extra 3 days to send someone to come and fix the problem. Constant network problems

DERoestorf

I have been with them for over 2 years now, and haven't experienced anything that you mentioned.

Whenever I call, I get an answer within 10 minutes. Tickets I log online are responded to on the same day. And @PBCool has gone out of his way to assist with the VUMA reinstall of my line.

Also never had any network issues.

Have you logged any tickets? Also, have you spoken to @PBCool?

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I have been with them for over 2 years now, and haven't experienced anything that you mentioned.

Whenever I call, I get an answer within 10 minutes. Tickets I log online are responded to on the same day. And @PBCool has gone out of his way to assist with the VUMA reinstall of my line.

Also never had any network issues.

Have you logged any tickets? Also, have you spoken to @PBCool?

Brand new account, sure he hasn't spoken to anyone on the forum.

Thor

Honorary Master
Very sorry to hear this. So far I've only read good reports and was about to sign up with them.
Almost thought you are a afrihost rep when I read that first sentance "Very sorry to hear this"

JC1313

Yeah have emailed them multiple times have 4 tickets open spoke to the account manager and was told get back to me and still nothing. What suburb are you using them in? I have also heard how great they are ect but my end they have been terrible

Pienats

I have to respectfully disagree. Just phoned them now for a similar situation (noticed yesterday that I can pay by credit card, which I did, and the debit order went off last night, as it was most likely already loaded on the system a few days ago). My call was answered within seconds, and the lady I spoke with (didn't quite get her name) has marked the credit on my account for next month, and set my billing method to be credit card in future.

I will keep an eye on the situation and update as necessary. For now, I can still highly recommend Cool Ideas to anyone interested.

JC1313

Yeah i spoke to a lady to this morning and transfered me to the fibre manager and he said they would get back to me about the issue and still hasnt, I have had many problems with them sincs I have signed up

JC1313

Yeah I have been paying with payfast since I joined up with them so why did they debit all of a sudden?

ghostR

Executive Member
Yeah have emailed them multiple times have 4 tickets open spoke to the account manager and was told get back to me and still nothing. What suburb are you using them in? I have also heard how great they are ect but my end they have been terrible

I'm sure @PBCool will be in here very shortly to shed light on this, Have you only ever emailed them or have you phoned the accounts department to raise the issue of the invoices that were debited, as that is a pretty serious issue that I doubt they would "ignore" and would duly credit you accordingly.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Second thread about the same thing....someone has an agenda?

Contact @PBCOOL on this forum, he can probably help you.

Let's try keep it solution oriented, otherwise you will just become another Thor, and nobody wants that.

JC1313

I have called them spoke to the fibre manager (cant recall his name) and he was supposed to get back to me and still hasnt. I called back and they said the account manager isnt in yet

Pienats

You must have provided your debit information when you signed up, and selected the option of debit order (I don't exactly recall how that was laid out). I simply asked them for an account credit instead of a refund though. Presumably I won't have to pay at the end of November, but will have to wait and see if that's the case.