Cricket: International Discussion Thread

3WA

Executive Member
oi oi !

ok maybe we are 2nd tier now hey... :p

We are. Haven’t beaten England in five years. Aussies we always show up for, but last time we played them was the ABD show. We just lucky India isn’t touring here any time soon.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
We are. Haven’t beaten England in five years. Aussies we always show up for, but last time we played them was the ABD show. We just lucky India isn’t touring here any time soon.

i guess thats fair hey. :( so sad... but the rebuilding is going...so patience it will have to be

3WA

Executive Member
i guess thats fair hey. :( so sad... but the rebuilding is going...so patience it will have to be

Yeah, it was great when that core of 35-36 year old guys were in their prime, but few younger guys got established in their time.

Hash, AB, Faf, Morkel, Steyn...

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Yeah, it was great when that core of 35-36 year old guys were in their prime, but few younger guys got established in their time.

Yup. For a while yet we will have to be "when-we" about our cricketing status.

Rebuilding should have happened a decade or two ago. It should have been entrenched by now with a wealth of talent to choose from. Such a pity!

Reactions: 3WA

Volksieboi

Expert Member

Thats always the danger.

but hey, all those greats had rocky starts.

Remember steyn was quick but learnt control from polly
Amla got dropped
Early on, AB got out so much after getting in

add to that our domestic system has gone down big time, Kolpak, ICC Pig3, Covid

All these just compound problems. I hope CSA will see some opportunities

we will need not only patience but also perseverence

JohnStarr

Expert Member
We should be OK against Pakistan but won't be playing in the Test championship finals at Lords later this year. Not enough cricket being played by the Proteas, and we didn't cover ourselves in glory over the course of the past 18 months or so.