Cricket: International Discussion Thread

3WA

Honorary Master
Second test between England and India about to get under way. England has won the toss and chosen to bowl.

England (Playing XI): Rory Burns, Dominic Sibley, Haseeb Hameed, Joe Root(c), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler(w), Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, James Anderson

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj

How's the weather forecast?

Keen to see how Hameed works out.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
How's the weather forecast?

Keen to see how Hameed works out.

Lol, cockteasing weather. Jimmy Anderson was about to deliver the opening delivery and the umps took them off as it had started to rain.

• Sad
Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Honorary Master
Rohit couldn't quite seal the century, and Pujara's poor run continues.

India 153/2.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
India pomping them. Root made the wrong call perhaps?

Tough to say since Virat Kohli said he was also going to bowl if he won the toss. I just think it was a remarkable display of application and execution from the Indian top order, simple as that.

RunningFromFat

Fair enough. I really like rahul and very happy for him. I hope windies manage some partnerships as well to make that test more competitive.

3WA

Honorary Master
Remember the old days when we used to worry that Joe Root wasn’t converting 50s to 100s?

RunningFromFat

Remember the old days when we used to worry that Joe Root wasn’t converting 50s to 100s?
Yup, saw a picture today that he has 5 100's this year and just 1 50. Compared to last year where it was like 5 50's and no 100s.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Thought Pujara was on 12(13)...that's pretty quick by Pujara standards.

Then I saw the other 1.

• Love

3WA

Honorary Master
Thought Pujara was on 12(13)...that's pretty quick by Pujara standards.

Then I saw the other 1.

I love it. It may be day 4, and a winning lead may be ebbing away, but this is what test cricket is all about.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Super exciting finish to WI vs Pakistan and the England - India game is very tight at the moment. Lots of niggle and chat going on also...love it.