Cybersmart help

Snare

Hi guys

So this is what I've been having a problem with.

I switched ISP's from Vox to Cybersmart at the beginning of the month; and since then I have been having persistent issues with my internet. Although the SpeedTest results always show up as being fine; the actual usability of the line is not good at all.

Since the swap I have experienced the following issues

- Unless I am streaming from youtube; I cannot access high quality streams anymore and even the lower
resolutions will buffer constantly and sometimes will require restarts or they simply stop working.

- Browsing is problematic as should I try open multiple tabs; load times are very with a high chance of pages
simply timing out.

- Downloading is almost pointless; with the maximum recorded speed being 109KBps (at about 3AM); with the
average speeds being at about 25 KBps. (This issue persists regardless of when/where/what I download)

- Gaming is very difficult. Even when I have low pings there are almost consistent spikes occurring.

- At least once every 3 hours the line will just drop and require a router reset in order to operate properly again.

I am on Cybersmart 4Mbps Home Uncapped Account with Vox still handling the line. I have contacted support on both ends and no resolution has been found yet. I submitted a new ticket on Friday but have as of yet to receive a response from Cybersmart.

They have reset the ports; checked for noise on the line and can't seem to identify the problem.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and advise

Vernon

Expert Member
I stopped reading at "Cybersmart". I'm afraid to say your choice of ISP's couldn't have been worse.
Their reputation or lack thereof around these parts is well known. Leave at the first opportunity.
Sorry I couldn't be of assistance further.

AntiGanda

Banned
I stopped reading at "Cybersmart". I'm afraid to say your choice of ISP's couldn't have been worse.
Their reputation or lack thereof around these parts is well known. Leave at the first opportunity.
Sorry I couldn't be of assistance further.
What he said ^

Cybersmart is not spoken of much for a reason.

lg127

Hi guys

So this is what I've been having a problem with.

I switched ISP's from Vox to Cybersmart at the beginning of the month; and since then I have been having persistent issues with my internet. Although the SpeedTest results always show up as being fine; the actual usability of the line is not good at all.

Since the swap I have experienced the following issues

- Unless I am streaming from youtube; I cannot access high quality streams anymore and even the lower
resolutions will buffer constantly and sometimes will require restarts or they simply stop working.

- Browsing is problematic as should I try open multiple tabs; load times are very with a high chance of pages
simply timing out.

- Downloading is almost pointless; with the maximum recorded speed being 109KBps (at about 3AM); with the
average speeds being at about 25 KBps. (This issue persists regardless of when/where/what I download)

- Gaming is very difficult. Even when I have low pings there are almost consistent spikes occurring.

- At least once every 3 hours the line will just drop and require a router reset in order to operate properly again.

I am on Cybersmart 4Mbps Home Uncapped Account with Vox still handling the line. I have contacted support on both ends and no resolution has been found yet. I submitted a new ticket on Friday but have as of yet to receive a response from Cybersmart.

They have reset the ports; checked for noise on the line and can't seem to identify the problem.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and advise

I had a similar problem with them. Speedtest shows good speeds but real life download was super slow. Eventually got hold of a guy named Darryll from their support center. He was VERY helpful and after a while monitoring and testing my line, he changed my IP address on their side. That solved the problem. Try to get hold of him.:)

Thor

Honorary Master
Vox to cybersmart... WTF OP?

Struggle on son you deserve it.

(If honest mistake, go AF right now)

Snare

Clearly I messed up. And the reason I changed is monetary as Vox was amazing in terms of its service. Which ISP would you guys recommend I take up instead ?

Thor

Honorary Master
Clearly I messed up. And the reason I changed is monetary as Vox was amazing in terms of its service. Which ISP would you guys recommend I take up instead ?

Service.... Mmmm I don't know if you thought Vox's service was good then you will love Afrihost.

But before I give my 2c what are you mostly looking to do?

Streaming I will point you to WebAfrica and Torrents downloads etc I will point you to afrihost. Afrihost also has anytime double data, which is gorgeous for the wallet.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Service.... Mmmm I don't know if you thought Vox's service was good then you will love Afrihost.

But before I give my 2c what are you mostly looking to do?

Streaming I will point you to WebAfrica and Torrents downloads etc I will point you to afrihost. Afrihost also has anytime double data, which is gorgeous for the wallet.

I'm sure OP means "service" = "quality of bandwidth"

Thor

Honorary Master
Realised that After I posted... I'm so sorry, but oh well either way think the advise that followed is still relevant