Daily Driver for CBD

dyllindd

Hi Everyone,

I currently daily drive a 2007 Mercedes Benz CLK 500. Even though I love the car, it might be time to make it a weekender and buy something more economic to drive to work and back.

What would you guys recommend with regards to the following requirements:
Car can be a Hatch, Sedan or Smallish SUV.
Has an Automatic Transmission.
Aux and Bluetooth Connectivity a Must.
Must have a reasonably large boot and enough legroom and head room in the rear for taller passengers.
Preferably less than 100000km and R 200000.
Good Quality Audio System.

Nice to have:
Sunroof
Heated Seats

Exclusions:
VW and Toyota due to Insurance Costs and Working in JHB CBD.
"A sement" cars for e.g. Hyundai i10, Kia Picanto etc.

Thank you very much :)

Nemus

Expert Member
How about an i30, Kia Rio, Volvo V40, something in that line?

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Volvo V40

As much as I am a fan of the Koreans, their 4-speed auto boxes are horrible.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
https://www.webuycars.co.za/buy-a-car/B655B4100

Has heated seats , but no sunroof.
Has a standard 5.1 12 speaker audio system, most of the other won't have nearly as many speakers!
12.3inch screen nav system with bluetooth audio streaming was standard on all the SA models.
Massive boot and legroom.

Quite a thirsty engine, but basically bulletproof. You basically don't even have to worry about repairs.

A 320D F30 is also a great purchase, will save you on the fuel bill.
You would need find one with the upgraded navigation package for bluetooth audio streaming. This was only standard from 2014-2015.

nazmo

Expert Member
I really enjoyed driving the VW UP! as a city runaround when my car was at the panel shop

FiestaST

Honorary Master

Has a standard 5.1 12 speaker audio system, most of the other won't have nearly as many speakers!
12.3inch screen nav system with bluetooth audio streaming was standard on all the SA models.

Quite a thirsty engine, but basically bulletproof. You basically don't even have to worry about repairs.

A 320D F30 is also a great purchase, will save you on the fuel bill.
You would need find one with the upgraded navigation package for bluetooth audio streaming. This was only standard from 2014-2015.
Great value from those Lexus models!

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Why doesn't he just stick with his Merc then?

Myrrdin

Expert Member
Have you considered a Suzuki Jimny. There are several around the R200K mark on autotrader. Will be light on fuel and smallish 4x4 with reasonable capability. You may have to spend some money on a decent audio system but that shouldn't break the bank. I think there is also a thread on the forum somewhere about the Suzuki Jimny.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Have you considered a Suzuki Jimny. There are several around the R200K mark on autotrader. Will be light on fuel and smallish 4x4 with reasonable capability. You may have to spend some money on a decent audio system but that shouldn't break the bank. I think there is also a thread on the forum somewhere about the Suzuki Jimny.

Don't think they come in Automatic.