Anyone know how to add a friend for the Insure/Drive part of Vitality Open? I can send out invite codes to non Vitality friends (via whatsapp, email etc) but they all seem to be for Fitness. My Insure app still only has me in the leaderboard
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
How sensitive is this Vitality Drive when using the phone app? It seems if you interact with your phone at all, it picks that up as harsh cornering, or harsh braking![]()
You can collect that for free, right? From tiger wheel n tyre?Phone app is very sensitive. I drive extra careful and it tells me I did harsh braking or cornering. Adding the Vitality sensor made a big difference.
You can collect that for free, right? From tiger wheel n tyre?
I got picked up for harsh braking and speeding (takeoff) - twice and I knew it was going to record it as such because I myself knew it, otherwise, have not had cornering detected ever in now nearly 900km of driving with phone app (because i drive carefully too). So far only two 4 star drives.Phone app is very sensitive. I drive extra careful and it tells me I did harsh braking or cornering. Adding the Vitality sensor made a big difference.
Sneaky...Ya but think you have to be on the insurance plan to do that.
Mine does - Put mine in secure slot with no movement (i.e. leave in a bag etc) - The phone must just not slide around.I'm assuming this phone drive app thing won't work on a motorbike?
Yes, I had the same thought. If you pick the phone up, it must register that as some hectic movement I suppose. Rather than slowly crawling through traffic, which is what was actually happening at the timeI got picked up for harsh braking and speeding (takeoff) - twice and I knew it was going to record it as such because I myself knew it, otherwise, have not had cornering detected ever in now nearly 900km of driving with phone app (because i drive carefully too). So far only two 4 star drives.
For me, my phone is always fixed to a cellphone cradle on air vent when I am driving. I guess if it is left on passenger seat, etc you could expect phone to detect cornering as it slides around? Just a thought?
YipAnybody completed this weeks bonus play challenge?
What exactly needs to be done and how do you do it?
I don't think I managed to. What's the point of adding these pro athletes to our teams when they didn't even make goal? They are probably not wearing their HR trackers or bothering with this stupid system of 30 minutes this or 60 minutes that, hence they are not earning sufficient points!Anybody completed this weeks bonus play challenge?
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Does vitality open, specifically the vitality drive, give you points that contribute to your overall vitality points, even if you currently dont have discovery insurance?
Vitality drive doesn't earn any Vitality points.
No you done need to initiate a drive but Bluetooth needs to be on. Good luck with the Huawei, discovery says its not compatible due to some power save feature but it may work. May sure it says sensor connected then you know it will record the driveDo you need to "initiate" a drive session each time in the app? Mine never detects a drive properly.
Also it keeps complaining about bluetooth (why should it be on.. I'm not linking it to me HRM?!?!) and some huwawei protected app setting that I can't find.