Discovery Vitality [2019]

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Nope but I don't want to take chances. My assumption is 1 January but it would likely run late.
I'm not subscribed to Discovery Miles and have not been following what's going on there. Are my vitality coins safe?

Aharon

Honorary Master
I'm not subscribed to Discovery Miles and have not been following what's going on there. Are my vitality coins safe?
No your coins will be converted to miles at a rate of 1 coin to 6 miles aka 60c whereas they worth R1 now. If you choose to convert the miles to cash you get 50c

twr

Expert Member
No your coins will be converted to miles at a rate of 1 coin to 6 miles aka 60c whereas they worth R1 now. If you choose to convert the miles to cash you get 50c
But how much miles.will be needed to purchase R100 dischem voucher from Jan? Do we know for sure how much it will be?
I have 1000points now dunno what to do

Aharon

Honorary Master
But how much miles.will be needed to purchase R100 dischem voucher from Jan? Do we know for sure how much it will be?
I have 1000points now dunno what to do
I'm guessing and I could be wrong that you will spend your miles at the shop, ie not purchase a voucher. So you'd need 1000 miles for 100 Rand spend

ros_b

Regarding the conversion of vitality rewards point to Discovery Miles, I just got this from a consulatant on WhatsApp: "This will be early next year. However there are things to be ironed out, members will be advised closer to the date. Likely in January, but we will keep you posted."

twr

Expert Member
Regarding the conversion of vitality rewards point to Discovery Miles, I just got this from a consulatant on WhatsApp: "This will be early next year. However there are things to be ironed out, members will be advised closer to the date. Likely in January, but we will keep you posted."
Okay so it won't be converted to miles form the 1st then? But later in Jan so I wont get rid of my points as yet

Koosvanwyk

I'm guessing and I could be wrong that you will spend your miles at the shop, ie not purchase a voucher. So you'd need 1000 miles for 100 Rand spend
Something like that but not as straight forward. By example you will need 125 miles for a Vida e caffe / Kauai drink according to this. So not exactly 10 points for each R1

Attachments

• vitality-discoverer (1).pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 19

twr

Expert Member
Something like that but not as straight forward. By example you will need 125 miles for a Vida e caffe / Kauai drink according to this. So not exactly 10 points for each R1
So if for example I have 25 points which currently gives me a Vida drink, if I wait for Jan my 25 will convert to 150 dMiles (6×) and according to the above post I'll only need 125 ,so then waiting for the conversion to miles is better ?

Koosvanwyk

So if for example I have 25 points which currently gives me a Vida drink, if I wait for Jan my 25 will convert to 150 dMiles (6×) and according to the above post I'll only need 125 ,so then waiting for the conversion to miles is better ?
That is how I also understand it, but its like the lotto, will only know how it works after the "draw"

Reactions: twr

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Has anyone ever settled their apple watch benefit early?
I think im over the vitality "experience".

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Thanx I seems to have missed the 15% discount on takealot!

Yes...and as I understand it, you get 100 miles for achieving a goal + a play on the board (min 25 miles) so like this year, MIN is a vida drink.

ros_b

I presume you don't need to be with the bank to earn these "Discovery Miles" for making one's weekly health goals? You just have to spend them within the Health app on vouchers, I guess, rather than having the option of spending them at retailers, as is the case at the moment with Discovery Miles earned on the legacy Discovery CC?

Aharon

Honorary Master
I presume you don't need to be with the bank to earn these "Discovery Miles" for making one's weekly health goals? You just have to spend them within the Health app on vouchers, I guess, rather than having the option of spending them at retailers, as is the case at the moment with Discovery Miles earned on the legacy Discovery CC?
I would assume so as well.

twr

Expert Member
Weird ,I just did a workout 60mins plus average heart rate was 127bpm
according to my age I should have got 100 points as that falls in 60-69% max,,(110-127 hr) but they awarded me 300 points (128bpm -145)so yes I missed it by 1 bpm but they awarded me as if it did 128. Will they realise that ?

Aharon

Honorary Master
Weird ,I just did a workout 60mins plus average heart rate was 127bpm
according to my age I should have got 100 points as that falls in 60-69% max,,(110-127 hr) but they awarded me 300 points (128bpm -145)so yes I missed it by 1 bpm but they awarded me as if it did 128. Will they realise that ?
It's either rounding, giving you benefit of the doubt, or they've made you 1 year older.