Discovery Vitality [2019]

Arex

Indefinite I think... But remember getting your heart rate back up is a worse challenge than keeping it there
True.

I'm thinking of activating device booster then, Which device do you guys recommend? using samsung phone if that makes a difference.

Arex

Remember device booster only refunds to 4k,unless you on vitality purple. Also R350 to activate
My budget will definitely be 4k then, however I dont need something too fancy, just be able to tell the time, monitor steps and heart rate thats about it.

BigBear

Expert Member
How did i not see this before lol.

I'm guessing you have to have a fitness watch of some sort to access this though? scanning your heart rate on your phone constantly won't work i'm guessing.
Yes Fitbit, Samsung Gear, Apple Watch etc.

Or a good supported HRM device etc.

Struggle to get above 80% for 300 points

Scored 17500 on Health Check at least

Aharon

Executive Member
Garmin does not do that, fortunately, tested many times and it sends active time, not elapsed time to discovery.
Correct. But the pause and resume if you rest in the pause section will drop your heart rate average. Only way around it is to only resume when your heart rate is back St sn appropriate level

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Correct. But the pause and resume if you rest in the pause section will drop your heart rate average. Only way around it is to only resume when your heart rate is back St sn appropriate level
If you pausing on a short activity maybe, but going from say 150 to 100 in what's effectively 1s in data points and then it climbing back up has little to no impact.

I did once with a slower rider, I had pauses for 1h15m over a 4 hour ET. 1 of which included a coffee break, did not drop my avg by even 1bpm, it actually want up as after the coffee break I went out solo.

It will very much depend on what your doing as to how much or how little impact the pause will have.

There is even a known hack with the garmin chest straps, may work on other, you start recording, get up to your 80%, take it off and stop recording after 30 minutes, your avg won't change at all. It does snot factor no readings into the calc. You could do jump rope for like 2 or 3 minutes, drink beer for the rest and still get 300 points.

Azteca

Finally synced, speed data only. So only 100 points instead of 300. Just as well my shoe booster is done, because I'm not going to be hitting 900 points weekly any more. Discovery hasn't responded to any of my logged queries, nor on Twitter.

Everyone else on Suunto OK?
I am using Movescount. My workouts look like they are syncing according to the timestamp on the app but I haven't gotten any points. Even Samsung Health syncing is patchy. Discovery devs are not looking good right now.

fruitbat

Discoverybank supposed to launch tomorrow right? Anyone with any info on this?
Not that I want to change my primary bank. But I like the gamification :)

amabacha

Discoverybank supposed to launch tomorrow right? Anyone with any info on this?
Not that I want to change my primary bank. But I like the gamification :)
Check out my post in the Discovery Bank thread - the Bank app is ready for download when first invites go out tomorrow

Hi guys how to I redeem Kuiaia(i am well aware spelling is wrong)voucher?

Keeps on failing to add to apple wallet?

On a iPhone 8, never redeemed before.