Discovery Vitality [2019]

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
New flights can be boasted until 12 July. Looks like they taking the boaster away and giving 75% off flights if you join their bank.
I'm still confused... so is that to say that any new flights booked now are pointless boosting because there are only 5 weeks remaining until 12 July (6 weeks minimum of achieved weekly goals are needed to boost a flight)? If so then they gave 1 days notice before boosting became pointless for new flights? Or was the phasing out of the booster benefit advised previously?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I'm still confused... so is that to say that any new flights booked now are pointless boosting because there are only 5 weeks remaining until 12 July (6 weeks minimum of achieved weekly goals are needed to boost a flight)? If so then they gave 1 days notice before boosting became pointless for new flights? Or was the phasing out of the booster benefit advised previously?
More likely that you have until the 12th to book a flight, no flight booked after that date can be boosted.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
For the guys that have boosted flights, once you have booked your flight, do you have to meet 6 weekly goals before you can even choose to boost the flight in question to get that 6 week 30% discount?

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/flight-booster
How do I boost my flight booking?
Activate Vitality Active Rewards by downloading the latest Discovery app and activating Vitality Active Rewards. Then book your flight on kulula.com. Visit the Vitality Travel Rewards to find out more about booking flights through Vitality. Book your flight at least six weeks in advance of your departure date such that you have at least six goal cycles to unlock your Flight Booster cash backs. Log in to the Discovery website > Vitality Active Rewards. Select the kulula.com flight to which you’d like to apply Flight Booster. To activate Flight Booster, a member needs to achieve 6 goals to unlock the 30% discount. From here, every weekly goal earns 5% cash back off your base fare up to 100% cash back up until you depart. Visit the Vitality Active Rewards page on the Discovery website to track your progress and see how much cash back you have earned towards your Flight Booster to date.

twr

How do you boost your flights? I can't find the option on the app
On the app under vitality click on benefit boosters,then you'll see flight booster which will take you to an online link to boost it(will only be available from two hours after you've booked your flight.kulula only

jambai

Vitality Hotel collection is not really such a great benefit.Most hotels on list not available and you need 2 days min stay.

Noisybottom

Has anybody else not got their monthly shoe booster and gym fee cash backs this month yet? I checked my bank and it's usually paid in around 8th or 9th but not yet this month.

Noisybottom

They paid on the 25th
Maybe we on different payment cycles, I only ever got the gym and shoe cash backs around 8 or 9th of the month. I get my food cashback whenever they pay that and that also varies and some months not even but that is likely because my cash back is below the threshold for payment. I'll contact them later and enquire.

binloud

I had 5 plays today, I got 4x25 and 1x30. The board is definitely 'stacked' in discoverys favour.

binloud

How did you get 5 plays?
Haha they haven't allocated any plays to me for my Vitality drive since May even though I achieved my goal every week so I called and complained. They said they will allocate 3 plays in the next cycle, and I got 2 this week. So all together 5.

Reactions: twr

donanicky

Has anybody else not got their monthly shoe booster and gym fee cash backs this month yet? I checked my bank and it's usually paid in around 8th or 9th but not yet this month.
I recieved healthy food cash back on the 8th, but not my device booster

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Maybe we on different payment cycles, I only ever got the gym and shoe cash backs around 8 or 9th of the month. I get my food cashback whenever they pay that and that also varies and some months not even but that is likely because my cash back is below the threshold for payment. I'll contact them later and enquire.
When I queried that with disco a while back they said all reward runs are done on the 23rd to ensure payment and reflection happens as close to the 25th as possible.

Don't imagine they would do seperate runs, but hey, they are dof

t_girl

I had 5 plays today, I got 4x25 and 1x30. The board is definitely 'stacked' in discoverys favour.
Was there even a diamond on the board?

My diamond expired so I was supposed to get an extra play but didn't...I'll wait and see if I get it next week otherwise I'll call them.

Anyway, only got 1 play and got 30.

jman

Expert Member
When I queried that with disco a while back they said all reward runs are done on the 23rd to ensure payment and reflection happens as close to the 25th as possible.

That person was talking crap. They have daily runs for cashback the whole month. My gym booster and shoe booster usually comes through around the 7th. Though I haven't received this month yet

Noisybottom

Like I said last month shoe booster and gym booster was in on the 9th, April and March both on the 8th. That's pretty way off of the 25th. My food cashback usually comes later, last month that was on the 14th, April I didn't get (assumable because I didn't earn above the threshold in March), and March was on 29th. So they are a bit all over the show. Funny thing is they NEVER have issues to take their money from me, they've never missed a debit order....... And I am not complaining about a few cents here, I am due about R350 for gym and shoes rebates. I have brought my side of the deal that THEY offer but they not bringing theirs. Shame on you Discovery, shame on you!