Discovery Vitality [2019]

twr

I wish they would after so many consecutive goal achievements get an extra spin

t_girl

Also got 25 points this week. Still didn't get an extra play for expired diamond, so I've sent a query.

Noisybottom

I got 40 points last week and it was like it hit the lottery
I got lottery 2 weeks in a row, 40 last week and 30 this week, actually thinking about it, the week before last was a 75. So make that 3 weeks in a row. Next week will probably start the 25 routines again....

travcaine

Hi Guys,

I see this issue has been discussed here a lot but can someone summarise for me? I have noticed I have not received any money back from Discovery the last few months, is this the new norm? Also when I log into the website there used to be a section that shows my Healthy Money back amount and that is just gone?

Maybe I am missing something?

riddler

Hi Guys,

I see this issue has been discussed here a lot but can someone summarise for me? I have noticed I have not received any money back from Discovery the last few months, is this the new norm? Also when I log into the website there used to be a section that shows my Healthy Money back amount and that is just gone?

Maybe I am missing something?
You're not missing anything - I've had to chase them every month for the past 3 or 4 months, and still have cashback due to me. They've also removed that section showing healthyfood cashbacks, saying they're enhancing to a better system. Terrible service of late
Mind you, their premiums go off on the first without fail - no delays with that, ever!

Aharon

Executive Member
You're not missing anything - I've had to chase them every month for the past 3 or 4 months, and still have cashback due to me. They've also removed that section showing healthyfood cashbacks, saying they're enhancing to a better system. Terrible service of late
Mind you, their premiums go off on the first without fail - no delays with that, ever!
Nope agreed you are not missing anything I can confirm. Which of yours are pending?

Mine is healthy food and when I queried it I was told they have no record of my shopping at pnp. Sad part is I have a paid a little more at pnp for fruit and veg to get the 25% off.

Look forward to hearing your experiences

twr

Nope agreed you are not missing anything I can confirm. Which of yours are pending?

Mine is healthy food and when I queried it I was told they have no record of my shopping at pnp. Sad part is I have a paid a little more at pnp for fruit and veg to get the 25% off.

I asked for a breakdown of my vitality purchases since Jan which they did.may had R 0 which can't be I'm too annoyed to find and send them those slips it's not much but still. The. They said there is delays for paying out .

riddler

Healthy food and a play missing for the one diamond I got ages ago! I've sent them slips and even calculated the healthy food cashback amounts for them, but their technical side just cannot process the correct amount. Still have amounts due from their 50% cashback weekend back in March - what a waste of time!

Aharon

Executive Member
Healthy food and a play missing for the one diamond I got ages ago! I've sent them slips and even calculated the healthy food cashback amounts for them, but their technical side just cannot process the correct amount. Still have amounts due from their 50% cashback weekend back in March - what a waste of time!
My mom has a diamond play missing as well.

I'm now trying to get slip copies. What are they saying to you with the sent slips?

Aharon

Executive Member
I asked for a breakdown of my vitality purchases since Jan which they did.may had R 0 which can't be I'm too annoyed to find and send them those slips it's not much but still. The. They said there is delays for paying out .
They have told me their issues are resolved and payouts up to date

twr

I'm now trying to get slip copies. What are they saying to you with the sent slips?
I haven't sent them,not sure if I Will

I never got my driving reward either as it was only captured on Friday

Noisybottom

I'm waiting on a shoe booster R125 and gym rebate R225. I have no idea about healthy food because I have never seen any statement so can't even begin to reconcile what and when I get, sadly I trust their maths for healthy food cashback, BUT shoe booster and gym definitely is missing for this month.

jambai

Discovery maybe can’t find the developers to sort out their systems as per the last stories on this website . Only logical explanation I can think of the mess in last few months . Decided I won’t be banking with them thanks

riddler

Consultants are in agreement with what I've sent them, but for some reason their technical/finance team just aren't processing the correct payout. Always an amount outstanding and then same story the following month

nikhilp91

Guess who has a TomTom device? Me :mad::mad::mad:.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

I had one of the more expensive TomTom devices, gifted to me as a Christmas present in December 2017.
In the same boat here. Spent a fortune getting the "perfect" device for my lifestyle. HR strap, cadence sensor, bike speed, swimming function etc. All that is now useless.

Yes, TomTom announced they were leaving the tech wearable world, and Discovery said they would no longer accept new TomTom devices, but no one mentioned that old ones would also be phased out (or maybe i missed that memo). Nevertheless, my anger is still valid. Anyone would be angry after spending R4k and only getting 3 years of usage.

And where does that leave me now? Do I purchase a cheaper alternative without as many features just to make the points every year? or, do i break the bank, and get the watch i really want and pray every single day that the Vitality continues to accept its data?

I'm scared to go the Huawei route. Got the smartphone, simply amazing value for money, but the recent trade war has me skeptical. What if they're the next batch to be discarded by Vitality?

Can anyone offer a solution? Seems like I have 2 options:
1) Buy the simplest/cheapest HR tracker on the market which will cost about R2k - Fitbit Inspire HR or Garmin Forerunner 30 / 35
2) Go for the Rolls Royce again which will be about R5k + cost of sensors if i can't use my TomTom sensors.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Cray

Honorary Master
1) Buy the simplest/cheapest HR tracker on the market which will cost about R2k - Fitbit Inspire HR or Garmin Forerunner 30 / 35
2) Go for the Rolls Royce again which will be about R5k + cost of sensors if i can't use my TomTom sensors.

Got a Forerunner 235 and very happy with it but that might be edging up to your upper bracket. Have a few friends the the slightly cheaper running Garmins and they seem pretty happy with theirs.... Had a Fitbit a while back, was not happy with their reliability (3 replacements in 18 months) but they may have improved since then...

jman

Expert Member
In the same boat here. Spent a fortune getting the "perfect" device for my lifestyle. HR strap, cadence sensor, bike speed, swimming function etc. All that is now useless.

Yes, TomTom announced they were leaving the tech wearable world, and Discovery said they would no longer accept new TomTom devices, but no one mentioned that old ones would also be phased out (or maybe i missed that memo). Nevertheless, my anger is still valid. Anyone would be angry after spending R4k and only getting 3 years of usage.

And where does that leave me now? Do I purchase a cheaper alternative without as many features just to make the points every year? or, do i break the bank, and get the watch i really want and pray every single day that the Vitality continues to accept its data?

I'm scared to go the Huawei route. Got the smartphone, simply amazing value for money, but the recent trade war has me skeptical. What if they're the next batch to be discarded by Vitality?

People are selling their Huawei watch GT's for cheap because they got them for free with their phones. I have one and works perfectly with Discovery. You can pick one up for less then R3k. Very nice watch actually and has all the features

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/huawei-gt-watch-46mm-titanium-and-fluorescent-green.250517/

t_girl

Can someone add me as a friend on their vitality? You don't even need to meet your goals, I just need one more person to be able to see the leaderboard.