Discovery Vitality [2019]

fruitbat

Expert Member
Healthy food. Its rather silly that PnP doesnt just enable the loyalty number on the smartshopper card vs having to swipe 2 cards prior to the items being scanned. Like woolies does it?

abudabi

Expert Member
In the same boat here. Spent a fortune getting the "perfect" device for my lifestyle. HR strap, cadence sensor, bike speed, swimming function etc. All that is now useless.

Yes, TomTom announced they were leaving the tech wearable world, and Discovery said they would no longer accept new TomTom devices, but no one mentioned that old ones would also be phased out (or maybe i missed that memo). Nevertheless, my anger is still valid. Anyone would be angry after spending R4k and only getting 3 years of usage.

And where does that leave me now? Do I purchase a cheaper alternative without as many features just to make the points every year? or, do i break the bank, and get the watch i really want and pray every single day that the Vitality continues to accept its data?

I'm scared to go the Huawei route. Got the smartphone, simply amazing value for money, but the recent trade war has me skeptical. What if they're the next batch to be discarded by Vitality?

Can anyone offer a solution? Seems like I have 2 options:
1) Buy the simplest/cheapest HR tracker on the market which will cost about R2k - Fitbit Inspire HR or Garmin Forerunner 30 / 35
2) Go for the Rolls Royce again which will be about R5k + cost of sensors if i can't use my TomTom sensors.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Simplest/cheapest is Wahoo Tickr at 1 grand

https://www.takealot.com/wahoo-fitness-tickr-x-heartrate-belt/PLID41019884

Link it to polar beats and off you go.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
In the same boat here. Spent a fortune getting the "perfect" device for my lifestyle. HR strap, cadence sensor, bike speed, swimming function etc. All that is now useless.

Yes, TomTom announced they were leaving the tech wearable world, and Discovery said they would no longer accept new TomTom devices, but no one mentioned that old ones would also be phased out (or maybe i missed that memo). Nevertheless, my anger is still valid. Anyone would be angry after spending R4k and only getting 3 years of usage.

And where does that leave me now? Do I purchase a cheaper alternative without as many features just to make the points every year? or, do i break the bank, and get the watch i really want and pray every single day that the Vitality continues to accept its data?

I'm scared to go the Huawei route. Got the smartphone, simply amazing value for money, but the recent trade war has me skeptical. What if they're the next batch to be discarded by Vitality?

Can anyone offer a solution? Seems like I have 2 options:
1) Buy the simplest/cheapest HR tracker on the market which will cost about R2k - Fitbit Inspire HR or Garmin Forerunner 30 / 35
2) Go for the Rolls Royce again which will be about R5k + cost of sensors if i can't use my TomTom sensors.

Anyone have any recommendations?
4k and 3 yea|s and your pissed? That's not even close to a fortune, bloody pair of running shoes now sits at 2.5 to 3k/year. I spent 7k on mine and got it 2 months before TT pulled out. So what did I do, sold it and bought a garmin, because that's how life works. Who know, maybe 1 day they will pull out, **** happens.

Your also making the mistake of trying to blame discovery, which has been explained a few times so not going to bother.

Fact is, this is not Thier choice, not Thier decisions, not Thier doing. TomTom made all the calls here.

amabacha

Download the ww app and register.use the digital card for free
I downloaded the (iOS) app and registered. I can see WRewards details. How do you activate/access the Digital card on the app? I cant seem to find this - unless you mean applying for the Store card - which requires ID and payslip. thanks

twr

No , no need for ID. Once you login to the app bottom section is WRewards then overview on top it will show your virtual card

Claymore

Executive Member
Got a Forerunner 235 and very happy with it but that might be edging up to your upper bracket. Have a few friends the the slightly cheaper running Garmins and they seem pretty happy with theirs.... Had a Fitbit a while back, was not happy with their reliability (3 replacements in 18 months) but they may have improved since then...
The Suuntos are good too; I got a Suunto Spartan Sport HR on special for about R4K.

asshat99

Simplest/cheapest is Wahoo Tickr at 1 grand

https://www.takealot.com/wahoo-fitness-tickr-x-heartrate-belt/PLID41019884

Link it to polar beats and off you go.
Decathlon has these: https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8334795_dual-ant-bluetooth-smart-runner-s-heart-rate-monitor-belt.html

Dual ANT and BT. Haven't used but they are dirt cheap at R449.

Or a BT one with a crappy watch for R649 https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8389271_onrhythm-500-runner-s-heart-rate-monitor-watch-red.html

So now that I have to get new sports watch (thanks Discovery you useless gits :mad:), I am going to be using the Healthy Gear Benefit.

I see that it is divided into two portions: 25% cashback and a further 50% if you reach your goals for two years.

Question regarding the cashback: how long does the cash back take to get into your account? I'm guessing it is not immediate.

Fcon_Vpro

So now that I have to get new sports watch (thanks Discovery you useless gits :mad:), I am going to be using the Healthy Gear Benefit.

I see that it is divided into two portions: 25% cashback and a further 50% if you reach your goals for two years.

Question regarding the cashback: how long does the cash back take to get into your account? I'm guessing it is not immediate.
The 25% cashback is usually the following month and depends on your billing cycle and if Discovery is having issues paying out or not. They have been quite delayed over the last few months.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member

The rest is paid out monthly over 2 years.

Claymore

Executive Member
Does anyone know if the Suunto app integration with Discovery is in place yet (versus the current integration with Movescount)? I tried switching from Movescount to the Suunto app, and it didn't sync through to Discovery. Discovery says we need to migrate by 10 July.

jman

Expert Member

Get a Huawei GT watch. People are selling them for cheap cheap, because they got them for free with their Huawei phones. I have one. Works perfectly and looks good

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?t...um-and-fluorescent-green.250517/#post-1708184

t_girl

Got a diamond today. which would be great if my other diamond didn't just expire 3 weeks ago.

I've gotten a total of 3 diamonds since the start of the new system, but I only ever get it after the previous one expires so they are utterly useless.

amabacha

Got a diamond today. which would be great if my other diamond didn't just expire 3 weeks ago.

I've gotten a total of 3 diamonds since the start of the new system, but I only ever get it after the previous one expires so they are utterly useless.
You should be receiving an extra play for any expired diamond. Not ideal but better than just losing it

t_girl

You should be receiving an extra play for any expired diamond. Not ideal but better than just losing it
Yea I know, but I didn't receive the extra play for the last diamond that expired. I sent them an email and, a week later, I'm still waiting for a reply...