Discovery Vitality 2021

kfc4unme

Hi all,

Trying to understand the Nike discount ?
'Active Vitality members get 75% off Nike performance footwear and apparel'

Where do you find out which items? Can you purchase off Nike.com? Or do you need to buy from a Nike store locally?
It's up to 75% off Nike shoes or Nike apparel bought at either sportsmans warehouse, total sports, or a Nike Store. You get a voucher with wicode and you give the wicode to the teller at point of sale. So it's only available in a physical store.

Last edited:

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's up to 75% off Nike shoes or Nike apparel bought at either sportsmans warehouse, total sports, or a Nike Store. You get a voucher with wicode and you give the wicode to the teller at point of sale. So it's only available in a physical store.
I assume in-store only for devices as well?

binloud

Yip .
But with this month's deal, you can order like 3 flowers and get them delivered.
Yeah not really flipping netflorist is a waste of money. You also can't stack vouchers. So really it's about the same price as just walking into a store and getting whatever you ordered.

johnjm

Expert Member
Yeah not really flipping netflorist is a waste of money. You also can't stack vouchers. So really it's about the same price as just walking into a store and getting whatever you ordered.

Yeah, I picked that up as well.

I had to log a few calls with discovery this month:
- gym booster hasn’t refunded my full gym membership yet. Have the reference
- R250 dischem vouchers outstanding despite me meeting all criteria (and wife)
- I somehow have been charged for two banking suites. They duplicated accounts and charged twice for two months after I received a replacement card

Not impressed. They blame virgin active etc etc but personally they just take chances with those that are milking the rewards.

riddler

Yeah, I picked that up as well.

I had to log a few calls with discovery this month:
- gym booster hasn’t refunded my full gym membership yet. Have the reference
- R250 dischem vouchers outstanding despite me meeting all criteria (and wife)
- I somehow have been charged for two banking suites. They duplicated accounts and charged twice for two months after I received a replacement card

Not impressed. They blame virgin active etc etc but personally they just take chances with those that are milking the rewards.
What's the R250 dischem vouchers for?

Yeah discovery rewards are great but they really are a pain - you have to continuously follow up and do all the admin to ensure they actually pay the rewards they advertise (I wonder how many people just don't bother / assume discovery pays as they should)

Koosvanwyk

Are there any of the dev team in the forum? How are they using this data to determine my monthly premiums when I can't even figure out what's happening and how it scores?
- Is it tracking our driving individually or collectively?
- Is it docking points for phone usage when we're both in the car and the passenger uses their phone?
- Do we have to specify who the driver was for a particular trip?
It should be tracking your driving individually.

It should not be deducting points when the passenger uses their phone, but I guess you would need to make sure which phone is linked to the device in the car.

I am not familiar with the phone based drive sensor (I prefer the DQ track device installed in the vehicle). With the DQ track each vehicle is linked to a specific driver, it does not matter who drives that vehicles the points go to the person it vehicle is linked to. The phone based system will likely work the same. Presumably the device in the car can only link to the phone that it has been set up on (ie limited to one phone), if not there must be a way to make sure it linked to the drivers phone, but I cannot help with this.

When did you join?

The dashboard is not accurate during the month, you need to wait until after (approximately) the 11th of the following month for the dashboard to update accurately. The drive section in vitality active rewards is however accurate, but with a day delay (it is easier to see there if a trip has been recorded and what the score is). Also, the system takes a while (2 months after joining) before information will be 100% accurate.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
It should be tracking your driving individually.
How do I differentiate between my and my wife's trips? How does the sensor do that?
It should not be deducting points when the passenger uses their phone, but I guess you would need to make sure which phone is linked to the device in the car.
Any idea how to do that?
I am not familiar with the phone based drive sensor (I prefer the DQ track device installed in the vehicle). With the DQ track each vehicle is linked to a specific driver, it does not matter who drives that vehicles the points go to the person it vehicle is linked to. The phone based system will likely work the same. Presumably the device in the car can only link to the phone that it has been set up on (ie limited to one phone), if not there must be a way to make sure it linked to the drivers phone, but I cannot help with this.
I see the DQ Track device only gives you 20 points a day (25 for the vitality BT sensor) - and it costs an extra R90 a month
When did you join?
Last week
The dashboard is not accurate during the month, you need to wait until after (approximately) the 11th of the following month for the dashboard to update accurately. The drive section in vitality active rewards is however accurate, but with a day delay (it is easier to see there if a trip has been recorded and what the score is). Also, the system takes a while (2 months) before information will be 100% accurate.
I'll give it time, thanks!

James 77

Has anyone used the new vitality active device benefit ?

I’m currently on 50% cashback, the device I’m looking at is just below R 8 000. The maximum discount is R4000.

my question being, is the 50% based on the price of 8K which equals the maximum of R 4000 discount, which in turn would render waiting for the max 75% discount irrelevant ?

AlmightyBender

Executive Member

I’m currently on 50% cashback, the device I’m looking at is just below R 8 000. The maximum discount is R4000.

my question being, is the 50% based on the price of 8K which equals the maximum of R 4000 discount, which in turn would render waiting for the max 75% discount irrelevant ?
I'm also wondering this. They have worded it very ambiguously.
I.e. if I buy a R8000 watch, do I get R2000 discount or R4000 discount at 50% discount rate.

binloud

The discount applies to the first R4 000 of the retail price of a fitness device, R2 000 of the retail price of a pair of Nike shoes, or R1 000 for Nike performance apparel. You can generate rewards to the value of R6 000 every 52 weeks. - So would be 50%of R4000.

Charlesjjm

I'm also wondering this. They have worded it very ambiguously.
I.e. if I buy a R8000 watch, do I get R2000 discount or R4000 discount at 50% discount rate.

It's up to 75% off the maximum of R4,000. So the maximum discount will be capped at R3,000

James 77

The discount applies to the first R4 000 of the retail price of a fitness device, R2 000 of the retail price of a pair of Nike shoes, or R1 000 for Nike performance apparel. You can generate rewards to the value of R6 000 every 52 weeks. - So would be 50%of R4000.
Thank you
Then it’s not worth it at all in my opinion.

Pufferfish94

What's happening with Virgin Active?

My gym visit from last Friday is not reflecting on Discovery's app and the Virgin Active app says my last gym visit was 22 April, which is not the case.