Discovery Vitality 2021

prOd

Expert Member
Can someone help me understand the healthy food benefit?

I've activated it and added my WRewards & Smart Shopper cards (set Woolies as preferred partner). On Friday I bought 3 items that had the Vitality checkmark on them but they don't show in my health basket, it still shows 0/18 for the month. How long does it take or is there something else going on? I did have them scan my card before paying and I did pay with my Discovery bank Credit Card

johnjm

Expert Member
Yes, something like that.

So during the month of April, they'll tell you 2 things:
1. Spend this much to increase your reward percentage points.
2. Increase the number of points to move up from say silver to gold, etc to increase reward percentage.

Once the month ends, you are locked to the achieved percentage points.
And then during the month, as you get exercise points, they give you back a percentage of your points as miles.
So say you hit 700 points during the week of 3 April to 9 April and for April your percentage like mine is 15% then you get 105miles on the following Thursday.

Thanks for this. I see I am already getting points every week for this. So bad. It’s like a game of chess hehe.

Priapus

Executive Member
Can someone help me understand the healthy food benefit?

I've activated it and added my WRewards & Smart Shopper cards (set Woolies as preferred partner). On Friday I bought 3 items that had the Vitality checkmark on them but they don't show in my health basket, it still shows 0/18 for the month. How long does it take or is there something else going on? I did have them scan my card before paying and I did pay with my Discovery bank Credit Card

It takes more than 24hrs sometimes.

3WA

Honorary Master
Yowza! Having a heart rate tracker makes getting exercise points so easy! I'm at 600 after workouts yesterday and today.

For those who meet the Vitality Active goals regularly, where do the weekly points requirements stop increasing? Interested in the weekly goal for Health, Drive, and Money, since I'm thinking of going for the free iphone now.

Charlesjjm

Yowza! Having a heart rate tracker makes getting exercise points so easy! I'm at 600 after workouts yesterday and today.

For those who meet the Vitality Active goals regularly, where do the weekly points requirements stop increasing? Interested in the weekly goal for Health, Drive, and Money, since I'm thinking of going for the free iphone now.
Exercise is currently 600 points per week. Max use to be 900
Drive is 140
Bank is dependant on card colour. For platinum it is currently 10 points per week.

Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Honorary Master
Drive is 140
Bank is dependant on card colour. For platinum it is currently 10 points per week.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm on platinum and already require ten points a week.

johnjm

Expert Member
Drive is 140

Wait, are you saying that I’m gonna need to meet drive goals eventually (I don’t have drive...).

I’m currently on 900 a week, surely they can’t increase the requirements?

What bank requirements are there? Is it just spend?

Charlesjjm

Wait, are you saying that I’m gonna need to meet drive goals eventually (I don’t have drive...).

I’m currently on 900 a week, surely they can’t increase the requirements?

What bank requirements are there? Is it just spend?
Drive goal is essential for the free iPhone and monthly cashback. You also get an extra play on the weekly game board, and if you have achieved all 3 goals you get an extra play.

Exercise is only 600 points, why are you on 900? Are you on the high performance system?

Bank goals makes no sense. On the one hand they want you to save money, but to meet the goal, you have to spend money. Responsibly. Luckily there are creative ways of doing this.

johnjm

Expert Member
Drive goal is essential for the free iPhone and monthly cashback. You also get an extra play on the weekly game board, and if you have achieved all 3 goals you get an extra play.

Exercise is only 600 points, why are you on 900? Are you on the high performance system?

Bank goals makes no sense. On the one hand they want you to save money, but to meet the goal, you have to spend money. Responsibly. Luckily there are creative ways of doing this.

Yeah thanks, the spending goals are fine as I just don’t use my main bank for my monthly online and purchasing.

My goal isn’t 900, but last week I did 900 and was wondering if it will get to that maximum requirement at some stage. If max can be 600 well then that is easy.

Regarding the bank spend, I don’t see points for that, and the 10 bank points is what I’m wondering about.

Charlesjjm

Yeah thanks, the spending goals are fine as I just don’t use my main bank for my monthly online and purchasing.

My goal isn’t 900, but last week I did 900 and was wondering if it will get to that maximum requirement at some stage. If max can be 600 well then that is easy.

Regarding the bank spend, I don’t see points for that, and the 10 bank points is what I’m wondering about.
Did you activate Vitality Money, then you also have to put R1,000 into one of their savings accounts. Then you'll start earning points.

Charlesjjm

I did, but they wanted me to put in 20k for diamond status?
That is something else completely. That R20k will affect your overall status and rewards. For the weekly money goal of 10 points, 1k is all that is needed.

extrusion

Hi everyone - apologies if this has been asked before. Is there any way to spend discovery miles without being a discovery bank client? When I try to spend at say, Sportsman's Warehouse, after I logged in to Discovery it shows I have R90 available. This is always R90. I have been a Discovery Bank client in the past (to check it out, cancelled tho). That amount however is incorrect, as I currently have 22845 Discovery Miles. I just have no idea how to actually use it.

Last edited:

johnjm

Expert Member
That is something else completely. That R20k will affect your overall status and rewards. For the weekly money goal of 10 points, 1k is all that is needed.

I’ve phoned them and opened a case as I don’t understand why I had to deposit R20k to go to diamond when others don’t.

Charlesjjm

I’ve phoned them and opened a case as I don’t understand why I had to deposit R20k to go to diamond when others don’t.
Weird. That should be a requirement for every one:
1619007057270.png
You need to have gold status and then the relevant amount in a savings account.

hj007

Expert Member
possibly, thanks, hadn't remembered the double.

Although in 2019 it was also R500+ versus the R200 this year. I know our PnP sometimes has a wobbly and doesn't get recorded and they're our main partner.
Dropped them a message, let's see.
Yeah as usual it hasn't recorded any of our pick n pay purchases since 11 January 2021. We shop there at least 2x a week and it's our 25% partner. Sigh, not sure how to fix it, and I'm tired of sending them copies of every till slip for months on end.
Anyone else ever had an issue with the data not pulling from PnP or WW?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Hi everyone - apologies if this has been asked before. Is there any way to spend discovery miles without being a discovery bank client? When I try to spend at say, Sportsman's Warehouse, after I logged in to Discovery it shows I have R90 available. This is always R90. I have been a Discovery Bank client in the past (to check it out, cancelled tho). That amount however is incorrect, as I currently have 22845 Discovery Miles. I just have no idea how to actually use it.

Sell it, some people are offering 12c a mile

Just want to check (only seemingly noticed it now): Virgin Active refund is now only if you have Discovery bank as well? I achieve my fitness goals every week...