Discovery Vitality 2021

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
What do all the various Vitality statuses mean? What's the difference between Blue and Gold, for example? Can't seem to find it on their site.

Still trying to find this out; can't believe how difficult it is...
 

Charlesjjm

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2014
Messages
467

Attachments

  • vitality_active_rewards_benefit_guide (3).pdf
    359.3 KB · Views: 6
  • points-and-partners (3).pdf
    236 KB · Views: 5
  • vitality_main_rules.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

kfc4unme

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2016
Messages
503
Was literally going this weekend to buy new running shoes as they got stock on the Nikes I like that cost around R2000. Looks like I'll only end up paying R700.

Phoned Sportsmans and they said yes, the discount is upfront and I will only be charged R700 on those pair of shoes if I present the QR code.

Almost sounds too good to be true...

View attachment 1048401
R700 sounds real good, nice one :) out of curiosity, what shoes are you looking to buy?
 

Bobby01

Active Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
38
Oooh, those are very nice.
And what makes them even more nice is that I don't even have to spend a cent of my 'own money' to get them. Discovery pays 65% and the other 35% comes from my Discovery Miles which I get from buying at Woolworths/Pnp/Shell. (and also the miles I get when I achieve my weekly exercise goal).
 

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
And what makes them even more nice is that I don't even have to spend a cent of my 'own money' to get them. Discovery pays 65% and the other 35% comes from my Discovery Miles which I get from buying at Woolworths/Pnp/Shell. (and also the miles I get when I achieve my weekly exercise goal).

Well, I signed up to virgin active today - because they have the promo going for April where it could be free if I visit 4 times before month end. And that 75% the Discovery pays if I maintain 36 visits a year. All motivation that I need to get me into shape.

Just need a good routine now.
 

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
Try this:


Okay, so what I can work out is this:

The Blue, Brozen etc is literally just a motivator and there is no extra benefits from being at Bronze level vs Dimond level - except for the number of points you have. Which would equate to Discovery Miles in some form or the other...

So its just a tracker.. right?
 

Bobby01

Active Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
38
Okay, so what I can work out is this:

The Blue, Brozen etc is literally just a motivator and there is no extra benefits from being at Bronze level vs Dimond level - except for the number of points you have. Which would equate to Discovery Miles in some form or the other...

So its just a tracker.. right?
no, the levels do matter.

Use the calculator to check what different cash backs you get depending on your level.

If you Blue for example, you will only get 10% from Woolworths, but if you Diamond, you get 25% back. But if you have their Banking suite, and manage your money well, your Woolworths cash back jumps to 50%.

The Blue, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond tiers give you more cash back (miles) as you climb through them.

To climb through these levels, you need to drive well, manage your money well, go for health checks, dont buy junk food at PnP or Woolies, do your weekly exercises, etc

The amount of points you have determines which level your are on. So if you have 25 000 points, you will be on silver. To reach 25 000 points, you can go for a health check which gives you 15 000, then do some weekly exercises, that gives you another 500 per week, etc etc.

It will take some time to understand, but once you do, its super easy.
 

3WA

Honorary Master
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,254
Okay, so what I can work out is this:

The Blue, Brozen etc is literally just a motivator and there is no extra benefits from being at Bronze level vs Dimond level - except for the number of points you have. Which would equate to Discovery Miles in some form or the other...

So its just a tracker.. right?

Thing is, you want to nail your health assessments so that you get the big discounts on HealthyFood. And if you nail your health assessments, you're pretty much going to end up at a high status anyway.
 

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
no, the levels do matter.

Use the calculator to check what different cash backs you get depending on your level.

If you Blue for example, you will only get 10% from Woolworths, but if you Diamond, you get 25% back. But if you have their Banking suite, and manage your money well, your Woolworths cash back jumps to 50%.

The Blue, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond tiers give you more cash back (miles) as you climb through them.

To climb through these levels, you need to drive well, manage your money well, go for health checks, dont buy junk food at PnP or Woolies, do your weekly exercises, etc

The amount of points you have determines which level your are on. So if you have 25 000 points, you will be on silver. To reach 25 000 points, you can go for a health check which gives you 15 000, then do some weekly exercises, that gives you another 500 per week, etc etc.

It will take some time to understand, but once you do, its super easy.

Now why can't they just use this bog on their site without using calculators etc.

Appreciate the info - that clears it up.
 

Bobby01

Active Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
38
Thing is, you want to nail your health assessments so that you get the big discounts on HealthyFood. And if you nail your health assessments, you're pretty much going to end up at a high status anyway.
Correct. Acing your health test and just doing the HIV test gets you 30 000 points already. Which immediately makes you silver.

Then to get to Gold, you do weekly exercises, buy healthy food, Flu shot, mental wellbeing, etc etc.

Once you've been Gold 3 years in a row, you will get diamond status. Thats the maximum you get. With that, I get the following cash backs: (amongst many other discounts like healthy gear, Apple Watch, iPhone benefit, 15% extra value on all miles spent)

(mind you, I do have a platinum banking suite).

IMG_BDB1C835C5B6-1 2.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_BDB1C835C5B6-1.jpeg
    IMG_BDB1C835C5B6-1.jpeg
    534.1 KB · Views: 27

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
I guess all these rewards and motivation is to have healthier clients at the end of the day for Discovery.
 

Priapus

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
7,016
Exactly. Less money they spend on hospital bills....

Win-Win I guess.

I just hope I can stick going to the gym a few times a week and not completely give up on it again like last time.
 
Top