DNS

Mjc65

Hi everyone,

I'm currently with Axxess and I recently started playing around with some DNS servers (OpenDNS, Cloudlare, Quad9 etc) but for some reasons the connection tends to drop at random times for a few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Mjc65

got this now after turning off my OpenDNS earlier today and rebooting everything.

1629312293896.png
its extremely annoying.

Can this be an issue on Axxess' side?

cavedog

Honorary Master
intermittently

Suggests line issue. The dns error you got was just the dns not being reachable when an url resolve was required.

I would start by running a mtr continuously to an ip address to see if there is any losses.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I actually get a DNS probe error on all my device' browsers?
Is this a browser issue? Is your browser using a specific DNS server which is not the same as you’ve set on your network maybe?

Mjc65

Maybe the browser is on a dodgy DOH.
Some of the other devices tend to have a delay when streaming then i need to restart the stream for it to continue, its not just the browser its actually everything internet related

lukekay

got this now after turning off my OpenDNS earlier today and rebooting everything.

View attachment 1129614
its extremely annoying.

Can this be an issue on Axxess' side?
I have been having the EXACT same issue of late with 'Brave' which is a chrome based browser, I have begun thinking it was an issue with windows... Driving me absolutely nuts because I have internal DNS entries that have the same issue.

For context, I run my own recursive DNS servers(unbound & pihole) at home and not seeing the same issues on other devices.