Do not support telkom

zerohash

Everyone should know that even if you port your pre-paid number to telkom you will be forced to stay with them for 3 months even though you do not have any service. You will not be informed of this fact by anyone except when you need to move your number to a network with service. Do not be fooled by cheap prices!

walterl

Expert Member
I ported a pre-paid number to Telkom recently (beginning November) and it worked after about 2 hours....so what's the issue?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Sorry, your post is very unclear...

Are you talking about porting your number from a different network TO Telkom?
Or are you talking about porting your number AWAY from Telkom to a different network?

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Sorry, your post is very unclear...

Are you talking about porting your number from a different network TO Telkom?
Or are you talking about porting your number AWAY from Telkom to a different network?
OP has a problem with the fact that once you port your number to Telkom, you have to wait before porting to a different network.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure the regulations say you can port every 30 days.

Zarnicate

marioat1

If your business depends on the number and no one can get hold of you it is economically detrimental to you.
And that's why so many businesses fail, because no tested business plan or research done before starting up, then crying in public forums when your underpants get soiled.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
This is my fourth consecutive contract with Telkom if I remember correctly and it has only been amazing luckily.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Telkom is tops so far.. no issues except for the network outage couple nights ago...

they have network presence wherever i go to, data is cheap and network is fast

Everyone should know that even if you port your pre-paid number to telkom you will be forced to stay with them for 3 months even though you do not have any service. You will not be informed of this fact by anyone except when you need to move your number to a network with service. Do not be fooled by cheap prices!
where i am there is no LTE on telkom only 3G

Geoff.D

Executive Member

Extract out of the regulations.

number.PNG

What you should be telling us is what went wrong with your porting request rather than just throwing around bricks and accusations.