Do you prefer using Uber or Taxify?

• Uber

Votes: 74 76.3%
  • Taxify

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Taxify is dramatically less expensive than Uber. I use both and got a ride for literally half the price of an Uber on Taxify, granted it was rush hour but the fact remains that Taxify got me there for half the price of Uber's fare estimate.

CPTBoy

Spoke to my Uber driver on Saturday. He's doing both and he says he gets more money working for Taxify and Uber takes 25% of every ride and Taxify takes 15%.

richjdavies

This thread has made me download Taxify... having been a very loyal Uber user - will have to tell you how it goes :)

Dee96

I use taxify as it is always cheaper than Uber and the drivers and cars are exactly the same across both apps.

Dee96

If anyone would like to use my referral code, simply enter YHK9W under promotions.

It will give you R150 off your first ride.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will also get a credit off my next ride once you use my referral code

Last edited:

Ecco

Executive Member
I never used Taxify once - maybe i will try them. They should probably get in touch with MyBB to share some stats about their serices just like uber did.

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Uber algorhythmically sets prices based on usage and propensity to buy a ride. So if they see a pattern in your usage it is likely that they will drive up the price as long as you keep buying the rides.
Wow. Didn't know that.

Oddly posting from back seat of an Uber.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Wow. Didn't know that.

Oddly posting from back seat of an Uber.
They are really awful when it comes to opportunistic pricing in general - I read somewhere that company data had revealed that users whose battery is low will get surge pricing based on the fact that they are likely keen to get a ride before the battery dies.

I'm all for a data driven business but really Uber?