Do you prefer using Uber or Taxify?

• Uber

Votes: 100 73.5%
  • Taxify

Votes: 36 26.5%

• Total voters

EADC

Expert Member
Any one else experiance when the drivers just dont move? seems this is increasing in my area.

requiem

Expert Member
Any one else experiance when the drivers just dont move? seems this is increasing in my area.
Yes. That is frustrating.

What's even worse is when you cancel the trip and request a new one and the same driver accepts and continues to sit a few km away not moving.

EADC

Expert Member
Yes. That is frustrating.

What's even worse is when you cancel the trip and request a new one and the same driver accepts and continues to sit a few km away not moving.
This is why i keep both uber and taxify I will just hop to the other app and force them to cancel the trip.

EADC

Expert Member
I had this happen to me the other day. Why do the Uber drivers accept a trip then not move? Are they waiting for a nearer pickup on Taxify or something?
I have no idea but I have experienced it on both apps just annoying

RoboJedi

Used taxify for the 1st time this week... guy drove like a maniac! Well thats after i had to walk to his car, where he was sleeping.

Dee96

Everybody here voted a year ago ... would be great to start this thread/voting again
And we can update the name to Bolt....
Since I haven't had a car for 3 weeks, I have been using Bolt(Taxify) more and it has been ok. Only one driver refused to turn on the Aircon cos it will use extra petrol but I insisted that I am paying for the ride and he turned it onto the lowest possible setting.

Also slot more people are willing to try it out now also as Uber is alot more expensive. If anyone would like to use my code for R150 off your first ride, type YHK9W under promotions

ice_cubes

Executive Member
used Bolt for the 1st time this weekend in Durban & ended up with a driver who couldn't drive and couldn't follow the GPS directions :(

BigBear

Expert Member
Used bolt instead of uber the other day to go to Loftus and was quite a pleasant experience, also Bolt was R30-50 cheaper..

Bolt guys seems to have bigger cars that the uber i happen to catch previously, 1st 2019 Polo vivi Sedan and 2nd Nissan Almera..

Guys where friendly and courteous as usual..

My invite code if anyone wants R150 off..

Use my invite code, D9KRJ, and get a free Bolt ride up to R150. Redeem it at https://invite.bolt.eu/D9KRJ

Akasha

Executive Member
I've taken 3 bolt rides this week. The cars don't seem as high quality as Uber's. Also, not one of the 3 cars had anything nice smelling in the car :(

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I just tried to sign up with Bolt/Taxify after reading through this thread and it says my email is incorrect. While I am sat logged in to my email. Quality meme.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Yup, I think this is intentional.

They wait till the minimum charge kicks in.

If you cancel uber charges you a cancellation fee.

I complained in the app & got credit loaded onto my profile.

Seldom have a good experience with Bolt/Taxify.

Uber cars are cleaner & better kept.

eventvine

Taxify (well, now Bolt) personally. Don't really have an issue with the drivers. I've had bad drivers with Uber too.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
I use Taxify/Bolt more often these days.

I get cool promo's from Uber every now and again too.

I never paid for a single Taxify over the festive period.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
indriver is around.

You disclose how much you are willing to pay & negotiate a price. They only accept cash thou.
Turo let's you rent other people's cars. It's not a ride hailing app.

It can't work in SA. All the hijackers and thieves will rent your ride and you'll never see it again, plus I'm sure insurance is a huge problem.