Do you prefer using Uber or Taxify?

• Uber

Votes: 100 73.5%
  • Taxify

Votes: 36 26.5%

• Total voters

poffle

Executive Member
Reading through this, i cannot fathom why taxify drivers won't have enough petrol? Fill up your fken car, your a taxi driver, wtf. Also cancelling cause you not paying cash, then F right off then, don't take my ride, make less money, your choice. Not using Aircon no matter the temp because "petrol".

Quite common it seems where these guys are doing their job but they act as if they are doing you a favour.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Reading through this, i cannot fathom why taxify drivers won't have enough petrol? Fill up your fken car, your a taxi driver, wtf. Also cancelling cause you not paying cash, then F right off then, don't take my ride, make less money, your choice. Not using Aircon no matter the temp because "petrol".

Quite common it seems where these guys are doing their job but they act as if they are doing you a favour.
Stopping for petrol let's them lengthen the trip and eqrn more.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
3.Taxify drivers will sometimes cancel a trip if you aren't paying cash and they don't have petrol to get to your destination
I have had taxify drivers ask for cash. I always claim to not have any on me. Sorry, not my problem. Sometimes they ask to go to the petrol station (using their own cash) - I don't mind this.

However, I have one had a driver run out of petrol en route. I actually can't remember whether it was an Uber or a taxify. Left me on the side of William Nicol and I had to call another Uber.

I have had taxify drivers ask for cash. I always claim to not have any on me. Sorry, not my problem. Sometimes they ask to go to the petrol station (using their own cash) - I don't mind this.

However, I have one had a driver run out of petrol en route. I actually can't remember whether it was an Uber or a taxify. Left me on the side of William Nicol and I had to call another Uber.
What i dont understand is that they recieve a weekly payout and some of these guys make like 3-5k a week. HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE PETROL? especially since the average trip isn't even more than 20kms

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
What i dont understand is that they recieve a weekly payout and some of these guys make like 3-5k a week. HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE PETROL? especially since the average trip isn't even more than 20kms
I also don't know how that happens. I rated the guy who ran out of fuel one star.

EADC

Expert Member
I have not had bad experience with Taxify I mostly use them since I have been experiencing problems with uber drivers just cancelling trips or just not moving or driving somewhere else.

My only problem is most of the driver's can't follow a GPS

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I have not had bad experience with Taxify I mostly use them since I have been experiencing problems with uber drivers just cancelling trips or just not moving or driving somewhere else.

My only problem is most of the driver's can't follow a GPS
I have had Taxify drivers phone me up and ask me where I am. If they do that, I cancel.

I don't mean that they are in the right location and cannot see me. I mean that they have just accepted the trip and are just about to drive to me. They phone me and ask me where I am. So I cancel the trip - if you cannot follow the directions on your GPS to get to me, then I do not want to drive with you.

EADC

Expert Member
I have had Taxify drivers phone me up and ask me where I am. If they do that, I cancel.

I don't mean that they are in the right location and cannot see me. I mean that they have just accepted the trip and are just about to drive to me. They phone me and ask me where I am. So I cancel the trip - if you cannot follow the directions on your GPS to get to me, then I do not want to drive with you.
Sometimes they have to phone me because GPS wants to take them through an estate to get to me which isn't possible is a pain, but yeah that would annoy me

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Sometimes they have to phone me because GPS wants to take them through an estate to get to me which isn't possible is a pain, but yeah that would annoy me
In my case, they just had to drive on public roads. I take a lot of Ubers and taxifys, and 99.9% of them can find the address without issue.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Taxify blocked my account and wanted me to email some stuff to them for verification.
Too much of a hassle so I just stick to Uber now.

EADC

Expert Member
In my case, they just had to drive on public roads. I take a lot of Ubers and taxifys, and 99.9% of them can find the address without issue.
Yeah honestly I have driven alot with both and most can't follow GPS at all

Franna

Expert Member
Also experiencing it more often where an Uber driver want to stop for petrol, cancel the trip and demand cash as per the cost estimate...

Is this not a clever loophole to pocket the 25% extra commission?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Also experiencing it more often where an Uber driver want to stop for petrol, cancel the trip and demand cash as per the cost estimate...

Is this not a clever loophole to pocket the 25% extra commission?
Never had that one happen to me. But if it did, I'd complain to Uber.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I used Taxify once. It was after a work event and I didn't have far to go, maybr 5 or 6km. The trip cost me R35 but since it was my first ride with them, they gave me R45 off. I felt like telling the driver he owed me R10 :laugh:

Leoniezn

I used taxify a few times but have now deleted the app.. Reason being is that I called taxify and paid by debit card. When I jumped into the car the driver said I need to cancel the trip and pay him cash. He said he cant take me unless I pay cash. I said I wouldn't cancel and am not paying cash and asked him why he accepted the trip if that was the case. He said he cant take me if I don't because by paying through debit card means he is giving me a free ride. I was so furious. I jumped out, cancelled the trip and called an Uber.
My previous trip to that one the driver arrived with a different number plate than what was specified on the app and he said it was because taxify didn't update his details on the system.
Will never use them again!!!!

Dolby

Honorary Master
Everybody here voted a year ago ... would be great to start this thread/voting again

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've been using Uber almost 5 years now and I really think it's great.

I was annoyed on Saturday though because it seems the drivers can accept your trip before completing the next. So, that's what happened and according to the map, last trip was only 2km away and it'd take 2 minutes to me. I watched this guy drive up and down the road (he hadn't even dropped off the previous guy according to the app). Eventually at 15 minutes waiting I cancelled and ordered another.

Out of interest, I checked what I paid to my local pub :

Sep 2015 - R58.80
Jun 2016 - R56.00
March 2017 - R60.00
Oct 2017 - R61.00
April 2018 - R58.00
Sep 2018 - R45.00
Oct 2018 R64.00
Dec 2018 - R62.00

They've been essentially the same for close the 3 years I did this ...