Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO?

Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 167 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 219 56.7%

• Total voters

newby_investor

Expert Member
He will not be allowed to do what is needed, just like the BRP with SAA.
Government has made some grumblings, but they haven't actually undone anything that the BRPs have done just yet. Whether they will remains to be seen.

yebocan

Honorary Master
there are headstrong winds, from the normal suspects /corners, that only see their trough positions being compromised- but we now really starting to understand what Eskom is really all about ....

Temujin

Honorary Master
No, doesn't matter who is named 'ceo', its just a figure head, they aren't the ones pulling the strings... I give him a few months before he gets frustrated with all the political bs and resigns ;)

rudils

I hate being negative, but I highly doubt it.. the problem with all the state-owned enterprises, all just puppets

R13...

Honorary Master
It'll improve on the sense that the basics like maintenance will be put in place and an understanding of the operations. But the elephant in the room which is the core of the organisation can't be fixed because government is dithering. Due to their misguided belief that government and unionised labour can work toward a common goal. Jobs at all costs isn't going to fly in reality only in their collective head.

balrog

No - the politicians are still the same. Doesn't matter who the CEO is. Anything the ANC gets involved in turns to a pile of brown, steaming stuff.

CB40

I said yes but this is subject to the government and unions cooperating with the CEO to fix things:unsure:

Fawzia

Yes. He needs to put his foot down & reorganize the employees for effective & efficient performances based on merit & all bonuses must be performance-based or do away with bonuses

bekdik

Honorary Master
Municipality needs to install solar energy on all rooftops, they then use prepaid to charge for the use. The income from this is then used to fund the cost of the installation. At the same time once an installation has taken place, an equivalent amount of electricity is removed from the Eskom supply and, once an area has been replaced, the Eskom supply lines are disconnected. This will save transmission costs, while at same time replacing dirty coal and diesel based generators with clean renewable source.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Municipality needs to install solar energy on all rooftops, :thumbsup:

they then use prepaid to charge for the use. Why only Per-paid?

The income from this is then used to fund the cost of the installation. :thumbsup:

At the same time once an installation has taken place, an equivalent amount of electricity is removed from the Eskom supply :thumbsup: but kept in place and possible for emergencies.

and, once an area has been replaced, the Eskom supply lines are disconnected. No, why disconnect? Just not use if not required. Backup is always a good idea and why destroy the possibility?

This will save transmission costs, while at same time replacing dirty coal and diesel based generators with clean renewable source. :thumbsup: Yes, will encourage the move towards cleaner energy sources but can not in the short term ever replace totally carbon-based energy sources.

murray654

I think his job is to split up eskom and that is what he will do... Could that be an improvement? As long as the unions and the government are involved its never going to produce more electricity at a lower price, no matter how you arrange the deck chairs, which means he is doomed to fail...

bekdik

Honorary Master
I am suggesting using the prepaid mechanism to manage payment. In Cape Town the municipality supplied free prepaid meters for residents and it is the use of such a device I was thinking of using.

This would apply to all residents, irrespective of whether they are currently pre or post paid

MirageF1

Executive Member
N effin o.

How do you reverse out of a Black Hole ( and no i'm not talking about Hawking Radiation )

Ryansr

Expert Member
Wanted to vote Yes, but then my drunken mind thought that if the appointment was in any way politically motivated then the obvious answer would be No.

qscwbt

Expert Member
If the union's , anc , politicians and corruption is still involved then No.

Go_Getter

Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO Andre de Ruyter? Do you think he will be able to stop load-shedding by 2022 as planned?
He may be CEO but he is still at the mercy of the ANC and unions.