Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO?

Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 167 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 219 56.7%

• Total voters

Budgy

I believe he will make a difference, but only IF he is allowed to do what is necessary.

Themba@07

Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO Andre de Ruyter? Do you think he will be able to stop load-shedding by 2022 as planned?
I don't think thing will change we will still suffer from load shedding and that's the reality

Spha1

No eskom won't improve because of the new CEO because he came to take his share and go to Dubai

zoozi

I believe he will make a difference, but only IF he is allowed to do what is necessary.
“Improve the efficiency of the plant, ensure that when maintenance is done it lasts. Ministers don’t interfere we check the micro details to underway whether the fix is actually the fix so we now have data that shows that contracts that show they do a half-baked job. That’s the focus of the CEO and the board now is to fix the operations. Review coal and IPP contracts. If you do that properly for the next three to four months, we'll be saving a lot of money for the state.” - Public Enterprise Minister Pravin Gordhan

Change will come if the ANC doesn't ****ing interfere and contractors and staff actually do the work properly.

hd smit

Do you think Eskom will improve under its new CEO Andre de Ruyter? Do you think he will be able to stop load-shedding by 2022 as planned?
Unfortunately De Ruyter is subject to the ANC's political powers and they are not managing the enterprise as a business entity but a political playball. This happened with the previous CEO of SAA and the same at the South African Post office. In addition nobody in RSA has the convictions or political will of a Margaret Thatcher to get rid of the unions who are keeping SA economy at ransom. It is a political situation being forced unto the population.

nkd

No. Unless there's an about turn on current policies and the practice of no accountability.

grok

Honorary Master
Nope. The problem isn't the CEO, the problem is the ANC. They caused it, they keep the problem going and they'll ride this particular pony until its dead, and then ride it some more.

Rogerj

At least he has some background experience, unlike the clowns before him who were politically appointed cronies of government placed into the position in desperation and to give them the opportunity to make themselves millions in unwarranted bonuses and exit "golden handshakes".

martinvictor

Eskom will not improve as criminality is prevalent not only at senior management level but also at all other levels of management. The whole of Eskom like the civil service and SOEs is rotten with corruption.

I believe everything has a time to grab some attention to the public more especially when it's old. The economy is not doing very well but the let's give this guy a shot and see what is he capable off...Now that the whole country is looking at him surely he will do things that require attention not from the government only but to every one who think the have a solution of ideas on fixing eskom issues.

Pillay

YES
The reason is finally they have appointed someone with brains.As for the previous CEOs, they didn't no nothing to run the power utility. ..

Very slim possibility. What needs to happen is cost of energy must be cut in HALF, and way to do that is
1) Allow GREEN ENERGY INISIATIVES, to form part national grid
2) Getting QUALIFIED people in correct places
3) FREEZE any tariff increases for 2 years or until Eskom can prove effency and capability of sustained consistend
4) Make boneses PERFORMANCE bonuses.

IceTyy

I think it will improve but he won't be able to stop loadshedding, Eskom has become one old scrappy machine

Hannes7634

No, i dont think so. Eskom is rotten from the inside. Not much left to save anyway. Appointing a new CEO to Eskom is like sticking a plaster on a gunshot wound.

SandyDb

I give them a Yes for now in the hopes that Yes it will improve, although I have my doubts as long as there is corruption and funds being used for excessive salaries instead of going for the repairs/upgrades that were needed 10/12 years ago.....who knows maybe this time it will get done without the cost to all the people who cannot afford any more increases