Do you trust Telkom?

pkid

Expert Member
I think that this is a comment on the state of telecoms in South Africa. There is only really one company with the reach to connect you country-wide rather than just the major metropolitan area. I reckon it is going to takes years if not decades for the other guys to catch up...

kaaskop

Expert Member
This is way Telkom will keep prices high. There still to much customers depending on them with no other choice. :(

antowan

Honorary Master
I think ABSA can be assured of service. Their legal department is on par with that of Telkom's.

lilGr

Expert Member
Mmmm maybe if a was high and had the spare change lying around :p

Simoski

I've said it before, I'll say it again!!!!!!

After crime telkom is the next worst thing in our country. They have capped (limited) the greatest resource know to man, the internet. Whoever decided this at telkom should be tried for treason.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Bleugh... I'm glad I'm not with ABSA. I wouldn't trust Telkom with a toenail clipping.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Of course I trust Telkom...

...to take lots of my money and provide me with crappy service

ike

but who was previously supplying absa with this service before? also, wouldnt vodacom business have been able to cover the whole country considering they have coverage all over? :confused:

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
The deal do make sense - as telkom have a proven infrastructure which it can leverage, and Neotel still have to prove its viability.

Banks need a dependable infrastructure they can trust, and the closest to the mark still is telkom. Maybe in a few months/years time this will change, but we'll have to wait and see.

As for the record, no I won't trust telkom.

I am sure their [telkom's] network is on the verge of a collapse... old equipment, no maintenance, so this will be fun to watch... So I do think Absa made a mistake choosing Telkom - they should have gone over to Neotel.

We shall see, I suppose... we shall see...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Do I trust ANY South African companies? No, not any that I can think of? They are all pathetic. Service does not exist in South Africa.