Documentaries

Neoprod

Honorary Master
The Youtube video is nerve-wracking enough...the doccie might kill me.

The lady director has a very comforting voice.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
It's too important to be taken down so soon': Viewers urge BBC to put Peter Jackson's 'They Shall Not Grow Old' war documentary back on iPlayer after it's removed after just seven days

Viewers who missed Peter Jackson's First World War masterpiece 'They Shall Not Grow Old' today begged the BBC to put it back on iPlayer after it was deleted after just seven days.
The documentary about the horrors of the Great War, first broadcast on Remembrance Sunday, has been called the 'must watch' TV highlight of the year.
But it was only on BBC iPlayer for a week until midnight last night - not the 30 days for the majority of TV shows and films - with many saying it was 'too important to be taken down so soon'.
Mr Jackson's moving epic, created by colourising footage from the Imperial War Museum’s archive, was even co-produced by BBC Films but it can no longer be seen online.
Fans are today asking the BBC to reverse its decision - but the corporation has said a 'rights issues' forced them to delete it last night and it has failed to give any more detail.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405341/Viewers-slam-BBC-missing-Peter-Jacksons-WWI-documentary-Shall-Not-Grow-Old.html

They.Shall.Not.Grow.Old--2018-BBC-720p-w.subs-x265-HEVC.mp4

Urist

Expert Member

daveza

Honorary Master
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3966544/

Lost Soul: Doomed Journey
Behind the scenes look at one of the most troubled movie productions of all time - The Island of Dr Moreau (1996)

I never quite got the fascination with the Dr Moreau filming story.

It was a crap movie like thousands of others also with filming difficulties. Was it just because Brando was in it ?

If there was a docu on the filming of The Revenant and the difficulties encountered I would watch that.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I never quite got the fascination with the Dr Moreau filming story.

It was a crap movie like thousands of others also with filming difficulties. Was it just because Brando was in it ?

If there was a docu on the filming of The Revenant and the difficulties encountered I would watch that.
I dont think youll get the same level of conflict in The Revenant which forms the crux of this story - an exercise in sheer egotism and mean spiritedness.

genetic

Honorary Master
The cinematography on this short 12min documentary is absolutely nothing short of breathtaking! Best watched full screen.

Built to transport Mauritania’s vast iron ore reserves, the Mauritania Railway is a 704-kilometer line that cuts through the Sahara Desert on its way from the mining center of Zouerat to the port city of Nouadhibou on Africa’s Atlantic coast.