Drifta from DStv Mobile: true anytime, anywhere viewing?

lexian

The ASA has serious double standards. Imagine cell c says you can call anytime anywhere. I mean they do have a coverage map on their website. I just does not make sense.

Kgabogk

Expert Member
middleburg is not anywhere,its middleburg,if you want your drifta to work you have to go to a place called 'anywhere' and use your drifta 'anytime'...this ruling is b%*&sht!

Lampiesza

Off-topic maybe... BUT the M-Net website is not compatible with Firefox or Chrome. It's simply does not load. Strangely enough DSTV.com is fully compatible with Firefox and Chrome. When I asked Multichoice's technical helpdesk, they said that the 2 websites were designed by 2 different companies...?? Isn't it industry standard for most corporate websites to be compatible with the top 3 browsers??

Rinkhals

I find the rulings of the ASA strangely inconsistent. In some cases they are stupefyingly draconian and in other instances (as in this case) they are absurdly lenient.

I tend to regard myself as an "hypothetical reasonable person" but the extremely limited coverage offered by this device makes the slogan "DStv Anywhere, Anytime" laughably misleading.

One is drawn to the inescapable conclusion that money has changed hands in the course of the ASA delivering this ruling.