DSL-2750u Disconnecting every few seconds

Garrries

Hi All,

Well the title pretty much sums up my problem..
I hope someone will be able to help me.. (My question, last paragraph if you don't like reading :D)

Long version:
I've had this router for about 5months, never gave me a problem. But since 3/4 days ago it drops its connection every few seconds (I've deduced it was after a Load Shedding event - Bought a UPS today btw.)
eg. I'll be connected to an online game, and within a minute of connection I'd loose connection and when I look on the router the Internet light is off (DSL light is still solid green) and after about 5secs the internet light will start showing activity and after a few second I can connect to the game again, but before a minute runs out it disconnects again.

Other troubleshooting I've done:
ISP says everything is okay on their side (Had 243 sync errors in one day)
Wanted to update Firmware, already running latest (AF_1.72_R01)
I had telkom out today and they couldn't find anything wrong with the line.
Used telkom's techs router with my details, and router ran for a few minutes without problem.

My Question:
(I'm currently typing this on that routers' connection)
So I'm afraid if I take in the router for replacement they'll say its working.
Or is this a known issue, will the supplier replace this unit?

Regards
G

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Post your line stats (found in your router) here.

We had exposed wires on a legacy wiring harness, caused major issues until telkom was forced to replace it.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Hi All,

Well the title pretty much sums up my problem..
I hope someone will be able to help me.. (My question, last paragraph if you don't like reading :D)

Long version:
I've had this router for about 5months, never gave me a problem. But since 3/4 days ago it drops its connection every few seconds (I've deduced it was after a Load Shedding event - Bought a UPS today btw.)
eg. I'll be connected to an online game, and within a minute of connection I'd loose connection and when I look on the router the Internet light is off (DSL light is still solid green) and after about 5secs the internet light will start showing activity and after a few second I can connect to the game again, but before a minute runs out it disconnects again.

Other troubleshooting I've done:
ISP says everything is okay on their side (Had 243 sync errors in one day)
Wanted to update Firmware, already running latest (AF_1.72_R01)
I had telkom out today and they couldn't find anything wrong with the line.
Used telkom's techs router with my details, and router ran for a few minutes without problem.

My Question:
(I'm currently typing this on that routers' connection)
So I'm afraid if I take in the router for replacement they'll say its working.
Or is this a known issue, will the supplier replace this unit?

Regards
G
Who is your ISP?
I had a similar issue with 2 clients routers, similar model, and it was the router in both instances.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I have the same router, and I've had the same problem before. However what I'm about to say will be of no help :/

When my ADSL connection kept dropping, I logged a query with telkom. Eventually they magically fixed it. I would contact them again and get them to take a look.

More recently my line was absolutely dead. The guy checked the connection by my router, the connection on the pole, and finally the big box down the road - in that case some wally unplugged my line for some unknown reason (apparently).

While the router has a bit of a bad rep, mine has been pretty abused, it's about 3 years old now. It's put up with loadshedding, moving house, housesitting, lanning. It's fairly robust, so I'm leaning towards it being a telkom issue.

Garrries

@mr_norris, I tend to agree with you..
but unluckily the telkom guys' router worked fine :( so i have to force myself to say "its not telkom" :( :(
i like the dlinks, they are good in my opinion.. my previous one held for 4years, finally got hit by lightning.. :(

well, geuss I'll have to try and take it back for repair/replacement.

thanx to you all

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
@mr_norris, I tend to agree with you..
but unluckily the telkom guys' router worked fine :( so i have to force myself to say "its not telkom" :( :(
i like the dlinks, they are good in my opinion.. my previous one held for 4years, finally got hit by lightning.. :(

well, geuss I'll have to try and take it back for repair/replacement.

thanx to you all

Try TP link, W8 series.

gfmalan

Expert Member
@creeper you clearly didn't read my post.. :)
but glad it helped you
I can give you a test account, then you connect with it, and we monitor for 30min, and if the fault is the same, i can say with centainty what the problem is then.

For me firmware and factory reset didnt fix the problems.

On the logfile on my side, it stated that the user disconnected, and not port errors...

furpile

Expert Member
Just take the router to the Telkom store and tell them it got damaged by loadshedding. They will replace it with no questions asked. Think you have a year warranty on it? I have replaced two that had various problems.

AnniDee

Hi Garrries

Have you managed to sort out your connection problem yet?

I live in Bloemfontein and am experiencing the same problem for over a week now - using the D-Link router. I have had technicians come to my premises and tell me they will have to phone someone because they don't know how to fix this problem. I was then told it is a problem with the D-Link modem. Apparently sync issues. When I phoned yet again on Wednesday I was told it is a software problem at the exchange. Today I phoned the Telkom call center yet again and they couldnt help me, but gave me the contact number for the technician. I have contacted him and he says this problem is affecting thousands of people.(whether this is true or not, I dont know) I am still waiting for him to phone me back and inform me what is being done to correct the situation.
Maybe Telkom should be replacing the D-Link modems they issued their customers. It is very frustrating when no one can help or give you answers.

Regards
AD