Dutch Development Jobs

phaktza

Executive Member
You can just get a document from SARS that states that you have no tax owing and no tax returns due. I have such a document.

FE still doesn’t mean that you aren’t a tax resident, and it certainly isn’t required.

It would be good to get another professional in, but the tax residency rules are public, and we already have a discrepancy between professionals (although, I strongly suspect that the top professional I hired holds more weight than a retiree who consults for free). A third opinion with some justification would be a benefit.
As I said @cguy is getting his information from news sites (and his own very personal opinion), rather use a professional (and not a "top professional" that runs a home office from Kempton Park - preferably someone who's worked for one of the big accounting firms for 45 years until last Tuesday).

In fact, ignore the professionals and use someone who has experience in these matters.

cguy

Executive Member
As I said @cguy is getting his information from news sites (and his own very personal opinion), rather use a professional (and not a "top professional" that runs a home office from Kempton Park - preferably someone who's worked for one of the big accounting firms for 45 years until last Tuesday).

In fact, ignore the professionals and use someone who has experience in these matters.

I cited SARS and SARB, you cited IOL.

Sunshine, I hire the kind of professional a multimillionaire with 20 years of living out of the country hires, you hire free retirees.

phaktza

Executive Member
I cited SARS and SARB, you cited IOL.

Sunshine, I hire the kind of professional a multimillionaire with 20 years of living out of the country hires, you hire free retirees.
It's doubtful, honeybunch. Considering the poor advice you've been given I'm still of the opinion your "professional" works from a converted garage.

However, I receive free advice from top quality experts because people actually like me (and not just my money).

poffle

Executive Member
fight fightfight fight. Okes FE and Taxation is in the other threads, go there.

Awesome place you bought there Mr Farquart!

I'm looking at buying property in singapore, but eish its expensive in this place for private property.
50sqm condo = R7mil, 130sqm condo = R16-18 mil.
Forget about a landed house like you just got, that is minimum R20mil for a rundown terrible dilapidated place.

I've found LinkedIn is really powerful overseas, many many recruiters and companies use it.

phaktza

Executive Member

I'm looking at buying property in singapore, but eish its expensive in this place for private property.
Forget about a landed house like you just got, that is minimum R20mil for a rundown terrible dilapidated place.
Hey I'm having fun! Don't make me go elsewhere.

My opinion is still "ask people who do this for a living for advice" because both myself and @cguy know jack, except what we've been "advised".

cguy

Executive Member
It's doubtful, honeybunch. Considering the poor advice you've been given I'm still of the opinion your "professional" works from a converted garage.

However, I receive free advice from top quality experts because people actually like me (and not just my money).
You are wasting my time. If you want the last word go for it, I don’t have time for fools. Good night.

phaktza

Executive Member

I've found LinkedIn is really powerful overseas, many many recruiters and companies use it.
I do believe my dog has a bigger sleeping area! :oops:

poffle

Executive Member
I do believe my dog has a bigger sleeping area! :oops:
Yep, its absolute madness.
Granted the public housing is Muuuuuuuuuch more afordable, private sector is just crazy.
Just saw a place now, "Super Penthouse" in the CBD, 2000sqm apartment. R1 Billion

phaktza

Executive Member
Yep, its absolute madness.
Granted the public housing is Muuuuuuuuuch more afordable, private sector is just crazy.
Just saw a place now, "Super Penthouse" in the CBD, 2000sqm apartment. R1 Billion
What's they repayments on that? It's a little out of my price range.

Spacerat

OK, so I uploaded my CV to dutchdevjobs a week ago. No response yet. I do tick all the boxes, but might be overqualified though

poffle

Executive Member
What's they repayments on that? It's a little out of my price range.
Well first you need a 25% deposit so
R250 mil cash.
Bank loan on 750 mil over 30 years, cant even work that out lol.

vic777

Expert Member
Too senior for what they looking for
Ok, I thought you meant qualifications - because many, in fact most people here have master's degrees

Don't let it stop you if you see a role for which you consider yourself "too senior". In many cases the company needs senior people anyway and they will adapt the role and offer for your level of seniority.

Most employers will conduct 90% of the interview remotely, only flying you in for a face to face interview at the end.