E-tolls get a start date

The plan was always in place to take full advantage of the increased traffic during the festive season.

OK, so now I need a GPS that can handle an obstruction in one direction of a highway, and will route around that.

None of my Garmins can do that, and the TomToms that I have seen cannot either.

My condolences go out to you guys in Gauteng :(

No doubt it will pave the way though for us to :crying:

Here goes.jpg

Last edited:
I have a suspicion this is going end like the last 6 launch dates.

The plan was always in place to take full advantage of the increased traffic during the festive season.

Yes, now everyone will have to drive +600km back to Joburg in order to personally pay their e-tollls at the tolling offices - every 7 days !!!

Change the date of launch by one day just to prove OUTA wrong... funny funny...

Methinks they need a Dec start date to test the system during the period of decreased numbers of usual commuters i.e. Sanral's already scared of the volumes.

So .. the 3rd of Dec is the day the ANC changed me from an ordinary law-abiding citizen of this country to someome who's going to use the highways 'illegally' ..

Methinks they need a Dec start date to test the system during the period of decreased numbers of usual commuters i.e. Sanral's already scared of the volumes.

So .. the 3rd of Dec is the day the ANC changed me from an ordinary law-abiding citizen of this country to someome who's going to use the highways 'illegally' ..

Its not a legal requirement to have an Etag, its just cheaper for you.

Back