Easy Equities good or bad?

Daniel63

Thanks Guys. It seems to be sorted now.

I went onto the EE Twitter handle and noticed that a few users had the same issue.

On a side note, EE seems a lot more responsive on their public media forums - I think I will follow this route going forward as opposed to sending multiple emails.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Its a total game changer... banking and straight EE investments. Think all of the big 5 banks can learn from this move! Well done Capitec

chopsky

Expert Member
I'm done with EasyEquities. Last night I couldn't trade at 15:30 EST when markets were still open. Their backend is constantly giving issues. Tonight every USD instrument is priced at $0. All my investments are worth $0 and I can't trade anything. This is a 3rd world solution.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I'm done with EasyEquities. Last night I couldn't trade at 15:30 EST when markets were still open. Their backend is constantly giving issues. Tonight every USD instrument is priced at $0. All my investments are worth $0 and I can't trade anything. This is a 3rd world solution.
Looking at my usd demo, I see what you mean. Query it please

TheRidDlerX

Maybe someone can ease my worries here.. Got all my confirmations via email for some transactions last week on my USD portfolio but low and behold on the portfolio nothing is bought and the funds are still available. Phoning them directs u to the mail. Mailing them results in still ongoing week long wait for a reply. Checked the confirmation mails, saw a settlement date of 4 June. Anyone know what that means?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Maybe someone can ease my worries here.. Got all my confirmations via email for some transactions last week on my USD portfolio but low and behold on the portfolio nothing is bought and the funds are still available. Phoning them directs u to the mail. Mailing them results in still ongoing week long wait for a reply. Checked the confirmation mails, saw a settlement date of 4 June. Anyone know what that means?
Are you sure you didn't trade from a demo account?

TheRidDlerX

Are you sure you didn't trade from a demo account?
Yea pretty sure thanks! I thought that at first also then double checked the confirmation mails are for my real account. And my demo account shows no signs of any of the new shares

EthanW

Any help appreciated. :)

Brand new (never bought an ETF, etc in my life) to investing and currently have all my savings in a 10% per year tyme bank account.

I have an EasyEquities account and about R10k that I can’t put into Tyme. Where should I start?

Any podcasts/stand out investment suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) I’m only planning to use this money in 3-5 years

zerocool2009

Expert Member
My advice for you EthanW ...

1) Invest abroad (else buy Sasol ... as that is what everyone is doing).
2) Diversify somewhat