Easy Equities good or bad?

Speedster

Honorary Master
0f6eb5a1a1500cc169aee6553cca4723.jpg

I woke up to this… but the conditions in the grey are NOT all true for me.:: (eg I don’t have a TIN) … where do I go from here?
Leave the box unticked and then click continue

rvZA

Executive Member
0f6eb5a1a1500cc169aee6553cca4723.jpg

I woke up to this… but the conditions in the grey are NOT all true for me.:: (eg I don’t have a TIN) … where do I go from here?

If you do not live in the US or have a business registered in the US, you do not need to check the box to complete the W-8ECI. This form is just a certificate of a Foreign Person's claim for exemption from withholding on income Effectively Connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States.

LaraC

Honorary Master
That sounds promising. Which of the data from the IT3 did you have to input on your itr12 form if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I see that on the ITR12 form it has the codes next to an input box/drop-down menu. So the boxes that need to be filled in should have those codes found on the IT3 form?
Correct. :)

zerocool2009

Executive Member
That sounds promising. Which of the data from the IT3 did you have to input on your itr12 form if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I see that on the ITR12 form it has the codes next to an input box/drop-down menu. So the boxes that need to be filled in should have those codes found on the IT3 form?

Join the sars thread! All tips on how to complete your return on that... and advice snd tips

LaraC

Honorary Master
Link please.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
This morning a work collage showed me an information sheet to be completed once logged into EE (the USA leg), related to IRS information. How do you "continue" without completed the USA address/residential information ?

SueC

This morning a work collage showed me an information sheet to be completed once logged into EE (the USA leg), related to IRS information. How do you "continue" without completed the USA address/residential information ?

Good morning! I just received an email explaining how to fill it in.. If they don’t receive it I can forward it :)

Conack

Expert Member
Couldn't find anything on the SARS thread.

What are we supposed to do here?
1632131282826.png

rvZA

Executive Member
Couldn't find anything on the SARS thread.

What are we supposed to do here?
View attachment 1151012

Click on agree and then complete. You need to provide the information they are asking to have the form completed and submitted to the IRS. If not, they will take 30% of your dividends and pay it over to the IRS.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I now searched through all my emails. No correspondence personally related to USA stocks, and I own some Telsa shares. :)

rvZA

Executive Member
Didn't receive any instructions.

It is not difficult if you are not a US resident or don' have a US business or earn any business income from the US. Just look at the questions asked and answer them. Sign the form and you are done.

Conack

Expert Member
It is not difficult if you are not a US resident or don' have a US business or earn any business income from the US. Just look at the questions asked and answer them. Sign the form and you are done.
Yup, did that and sent it off.

There weren't any instructions though.

rvZA

Executive Member
Yup, did that and sent it off.

There weren't any instructions though.

There were just some quick summary in the EasyEquities email. Not much though. The form is easy enough. They just need it to determine your tax residency and whether you fall under US laws to be taxed there as well. The US connected income will tax any US resident, no matter where they are on the planet or any person or business generating income from the US.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
This is my first time filling in the E-W8 form, so possibly stupid questions incoming.

Under the section requested a TIN number, I don't fill in anything there as I am not a US citizen, correct?

Further along, what am I supposed to fill in under ''Income Type', 'Treaty Article and Paragraph' and the additional stuff? The email I received from EasyEquities only mentions entering 15%.

1632241476264.png