Ellies inverter

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Ellies cheap chinese product? :crying:
These things are usually a rebranded product that exist under a thousand brand names, I have no idea who the original manufacturer is.

But rest assured there's nothing wrong, it's just the display falls short in doing what is expected of it.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
In other words, ignore the inverters' display? I was hoping for an explanation and cause. Could it be that it was 100% charged when online, but only showing 70% battery capacity when on battery?
Voltage display not going to let your batteries perform any better.

even a dead battery will show 100% when it’s put on a charge, but once that charge is off, it will fall flat.

your batteries have taken a knock somehow, and soon it will struggle to hold charge.

most inverters will discharge the battery to 0%, you need to manually install a cut off

thehuman

Expert Member
What would be even nicer is a voltage display on each 12v battery, it will show you if one battery is bad.

MrsNell

Something was plugged on that pushed it to overload. What happens when you use an extension cord to plug the TV and router directly onto the inverter?

Ok, so the electrician never showed.

But we did the following:

1. Plugged a extension directly to the TV and router and it worked.

2. Switched everything off on the DB. Switched off all plugs in the house. Plugged the inverter into the wall and only switched on the plug for the TV and router and it worked perfectly.

So, my conclusion is that out electricity is a screw-up. Cause even if the complete DB is switched off there is a run connected to the DB directly and not on a CB. And I think that is what caused the overload.

We will have that looked at, but for now we can manage with the plug that is working when we use the inverter.

Thanks again for the assistance.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Voltage display not going to let your batteries perform any better.

even a dead battery will show 100% when it’s put on a charge, but once that charge is off, it will fall flat.

your batteries have taken a knock somehow, and soon it will struggle to hold charge.

most inverters will discharge the battery to 0%, you need to manually install a cut off

What cut off do you recommend exactly?

I'm assuming it would be connected between the inverter and batteries?

Ivork

Expert Member
Ellies cheap chinese product? :crying:

I don't think they that bad.

I have the older 2000VA unit which got given a dead short on the output and all it needed was a "hidden" fuse at the back replaced.

My Mecer 2400VA on the other hand was toast and half the trannies blown inside when the same thing happened.
So much for "Short Circuit Protection" - unless they mean on the input (mains or battery) only.

Cupcake22

Ok, so the electrician never showed.

But we did the following:

1. Plugged a extension directly to the TV and router and it worked.

2. Switched everything off on the DB. Switched off all plugs in the house. Plugged the inverter into the wall and only switched on the plug for the TV and router and it worked perfectly.

So, my conclusion is that out electricity is a screw-up. Cause even if the complete DB is switched off there is a run connected to the DB directly and not on a CB. And I think that is what caused the overload.

We will have that looked at, but for now we can manage with the plug that is working when we use the inverter.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Maybe the geyser was switch on at the db board or pool pump?