Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

JStrike

Honorary Master
tibby is right. Except for the house prices. I haven't seen a house sell for less than 3mill for a long time in any neighbourhood.
As he said, the schools are still pearly white
The only black person you will see is a domestic worker

But I do accept that this is not the case for many people, and apartheid might not have given them the advantages it gave others

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Jstrike are u guys living on farms or u both from cpt. The majority of previous white schools are now black with almost 60% of the students being black.

IanC

Expert Member
JStrike said:
tibby is right. Except for the house prices. I haven't seen a house sell for less than 3mill for a long time in any neighbourhood.
As he said, the schools are still pearly white
The only black person you will see is a domestic worker
@JStrike: You must breathe some very rarified air indeed.
  • In my neck of the woods, houses regularly sell for much less than R3 million (in fact they sell for less than tibby's R800K).
  • In the formerly white schools, that I go past on a regular basis, the vast majority of the pupils are black.
  • Most of the black people that I see in the suburb that I live in, actually live there.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
IanC said:
@JStrike: You must breathe some very rarified air indeed.
  • In my neck of the woods, houses regularly sell for much less than R3 million (in fact they sell for less than tibby's R800K).
  • In the formerly white schools, that I go past on a regular basis, the vast majority of the pupils are black.
  • Most of the black people that I see in the suburb that I live in, actually live there.
JStrike probably lives in the Southern Suburbs of C.T ... his commentry is indeed spot on.

nocilah

Banned
BTTB said:
Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

I say take it to the Constitutional Court.
This is hypocrisy!

As a White Guy in South Africa it is hard to get to grips with the blatant disregard for human rights with AA, but it has been drummed into us to accept it and carry on, so be it.
But now to tell the coloured folks that they are not black enough to get jobs is just plain ridiculous to the extreme, but anticipated.
We all knew it was so, but now it is in black and white. Pun intended.
racism... our african national clowns at work promoting race hate and letting crime take over our country.

soon it shall boil over and these clowns shall be dethroned and hopefully shot.

nocilah

Banned
tibby.dude said:
Non-whites still form the minority of pupils at these schools as parents don't live in close proximity to these schools unless they have moved into the suburbs and the school fees are rather higher compared to traditional black schools.

Drive throught you average suburbs on a Sunday morning and you will see our racial demographics have not changed much since 1994.
nahh... you're talking out your @sshole as usual.

IanC

Expert Member
tibby.dude said:
JStrike probably lives in the Southern Suburbs of C.T ... his commentry is indeed spot on.
Then he should state that this is what he sees in his little part of SA, rather than implying that the area he lives in is a reflection of the whole of SA.

craigsa

Executive Member
Drive around Sandton and see the black wealth. They are the ones driving around in SUV's and big German cars.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
tibby.dude said:
And the northern suburbs of Cape Town? they are much worse.
The schools there (all Afrikaans, except for Settlers High i think) are still probably 98% white, the other 2% being coulered pupils that have risen up and left Bellville or Delft Secondary.

Same for most of the neighbouhoods. But thats because the schools are Afrikaans medium. Many very good schools in the Western Cape are not 90% white as many implied, Westerford, Rondebosch, Bergvliet etc.. are all about 50% coloured and 10-15% black. Okay the top schools, SACS, Bishops, Waldorf, Herschel etc.. tons of them, are still very white.

The thing is that there are much fewer black students in CPT, in my school there are three in my grade, two only arrived this year from the Eastern Cape. But about 60% of the school is coloured.

So Cape Town is not really standing still, its just not as "african" black as some would like it to be and there are more white people, and coloureds form the majority. It makes life alot more interesting than in Gauteng.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Okay the top schools, SACS, Bishops, Waldorf, Herschel etc.. tons of them, are still very white.
Thanks for confirming this fact.
Why do you think this is ???.
The high school fees are keeping out the plebs ???.

Last edited:

tibby.dude

Executive Member
halicon said:
nahh... you're talking out your @sshole as usual.
And you are clueless as usual on what has been happening in your own country the last few years ... you really should venture out more out of your little lilly white gated/boomed off fenced off ADT/Chubb patrolled suburbia.

craigsa

Executive Member
tibby.dude said:
lilly white gated/boomed off fenced off ADT/Chubb patrolled suburbia.
You should come to JHB and see the blacks living in these areas. If the cops cannot protect you then ......

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
I have never been to Cape town and never knew it was still as white as you people claim it to be. But in JHB even in afrikaans medium schools the schools are more than 40% black.

nocilah

Banned
tibby.dude said:
And you are clueless as usual on what has been happening in your own country the last few years ... you really should venture out more out of your little lilly white gated/boomed off fenced off ADT/Chubb patrolled suburbia.
i visited some friends in soweto last weekend. was my first time in soweto and I was pleasantly surprised. I went to the Hectar Pieterson Musem which was really pretty interesting and well constructed in my oppinion.

My friends had recently bought a house there, hence me visiting, and i was surprised. It cost them R100 and something thousand and it was a two bedroom with a large garden.

Now my "lilly white" area a cluster home devlopement has the following racial breakdown

4 white families (including me)
4 black families
3 indian families
1 coloured (i think) family

So hence i repeat what i said earlier.

You talk out your @ss and are highly misinformed about this subject.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
tibby.dude said:
Thanks for confirming this fact.
Why do you think this is ???.
The high school fees are keeping out the plebs ???.
Obviously the high school fees have an effect for poorer people, but that also keeps out whites like me, I couldn't afford to go to any of those schools.

But those schools do harbour the black elite of Cape Town, so you will find all the ministers and BEE CEO's children going there. There are a number of blakc kids at those schools, but not that many really.

How are the Afrikaans schools in JHB 40% or 80% black? Do the black kids speak afrikaans? If its strictly afr medium then I dont see how the schools have alot of black pupils.

In any case, on the topic. (blacks being prefered over coloureds and BEE etc, remember) I dont see how BEE helps many black people that wouldnt have got a job in any case. Most of the people who get employed from BEE have gone to good schools and universities, the same as their white counterparts. They have had no disadvantage compared to whites, yet they should get a job ahead of them. The poor people in skwata camps arent going to be employed by BEE positions, they are still going to do manual labour... not like whites were ever going to take that away from them. So whats the point? Why not just let the economy run its course, over time black people who deserve it will be employed and as more go to university or good schools they will have equal chances as white people always did. No need to rush it and fuk up the economy in the process.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
Well usually it is meeant to included all non whites that were oppressed during apartheid. i.e. africans, coloureds and indians.

But these days actual black africans are sometimes specifically meant when talking about blacks.

When I say black i mean black african people, not the whole non white group that they use when talking about BEE.

So it depends whos using it and where.