Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Ekhaatvensters yes the blacks do speak afrikaans. Also u dont get strictly afrikaans schools anymore except if its private school probably in a small town but most previous. afrikaans only schools are now also english afaik theres no public school thats strictly afrikaans medium anymore.

icyrus

Executive Member
I think every school in South Africa should make it compulsory for students to read Animal Farm...

kilo39

Executive Member
Cape Town's legacy is quite clear. If we go back in history black people were never indigenous to the Western Cape. A large base of the coloured people are descendants of the Khoi tribes - also the importation of asian peoples from Ceylon, Malaysia, etc, led to the large coloured population we have today. Black people were only "discovered" further up the coast, areas that became Transkei and parts of the northern eastern cape. Then of course we had apartheid - essentially black people living in CT are a legacy of migrant labour, they were never "native" to this area (to the extent that the large anc wins - and even the last local elections were questioned on legitimacy due to the [almost forced migration] of black people from the eastern cape and other areas in SA to the Western Cape. Even today - (a thumbsuck) 50% of local blacks are recent arrivals, not born in CT.

Also - we should keep in mind the main business areas of this country is Gauteng, not the Western Cape. Black people are more at home in these areas (ie, the north) than CT - usually far from their birth places and with little business opportunity compared to the Transvaal or Kwa-Zulu for instance.

Schools like SACS or Bishops have always been expensive and only the richest have been able to afford them - the same is true today.

(my little ramble on a Tuesday)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Town

Last edited:

BTTB

kilo39 said:
Cape Town's legacy is quite clear. If we go back in history black people were never indigenous to the Western Cape. A large base of the coloured people are descendants of the Khoi tribes - also the importation of asian peoples from Ceylon, Malaysia, etc, led to the large coloured population we have today. Black people were only "discovered" further up the coast, areas that became Transkei and parts of the northern eastern cape. Then of course we had apartheid - essentially black people living in CT are a legacy of migrant labour, they were never "native" to this area (to the extent that the large anc wins - and even the last local elections were questioned on legitimacy due to the [almost forced migration] of black people from the eastern cape and other areas in SA to the Western Cape. Even today - (a thumbsuck) 50% of local blacks are recent arrivals, not born in CT.

Also - we should keep in mind the main business areas of this country is Gauteng, not the Western Cape. Black people are more at home in these areas (ie, the north) than CT - usually far from their birth places and with little business opportunity compared to the Transvaal or Kwa-Zulu for instance.

Schools like SACS or Bishops have always been expensive and only the richest have been able to afford them - the same is true today.

(my little ramble on a Tuesday)
Ya, but your little ramble is spot on.

Local Blacks in Cape Town, never mind Apartheid, were to the East of Cape Town and are only recent imports to the area.
To add to that, it is clear many Eastern Cape Blacks were offered houses and opportunities to come to Cape Town by the ANC, which has disrupted the whole apple cart, but that is another story in itself.

In Cape Town, one is seeing former "white" schools being dominated by mainly Muslim children.
Plumstead High, Plumstead Prep to name just two I can think of.
The situation is unique to the rest of South Africa, which is often not understood by some people?

ajak

Expert Member
You must take it easy BTTB,nou nou those imports are going to move to Gauteng,and you are going to have "n moerse blackout" :D :D

SoTrue

Expert Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Well usually it is meeant to included all non whites that were oppressed during apartheid. i.e. africans, coloureds and indians.

But these days actual black africans are sometimes specifically meant when talking about blacks.

When I say black i mean black african people, not the whole non white group that they use when talking about BEE.

So it depends whos using it and where.
We are now getting to the real problem. What is a black African person as opposed to a coloured or Indian person? Let's look into the absurdity in trying to define such a person (the following was not meant to offend anyone, please pardon me if I use incorrect terms):

A certain person was a struggle patriot and is black in colour, he is also known as a Xhosa. That's on paper, he does he prove it? Does he have to prove it? How far does he have to prove his lineage? If his grandmother (or great-grandmother) was not a Xhosa (white, coloured, whatever) - does this mean that this person is not "pure" black any more? In future, what % of non-black in one's lineage will still be acceptable - 8%, 16%? The question is - is a 100% black more worthy of BEE help than a 50% black (also known as a Coloured in SA)? And 80%?

Trying to define and a "pure" African black is madness and smacks of the same mad thinking of the Hitler era and the promotion of the "pure" white (Aryan) race.......

While we are on the subject - what is an Indian person? How does one prove this? Lineage how far back? Grandmother or great-grandmother not "Indian", etc. Pure madness........

I see a future where a means test is the only thing that determines whether a person is worthy of BEE support. For the rest of us it should be the economic principles of supply and demand.

BTTB

ajak said:
You must take it easy BTTB,nou nou those imports are going to move to Gauteng,and you are going to have "n moerse blackout" :D :D
ROFL.
Koeberg got that tee-shirt first!
We were celebrating "Another Night of Candles" the month before last. :D

ajak

Expert Member
SoTrue said:
We are now getting to the real problem. What is a black African person as opposed to a coloured or Indian person? Let's look into the absurdity in trying to define such a person (the following was not meant to offend anyone, please pardon me if I use incorrect terms):

A certain person was a struggle patriot and is black in colour, he is also known as a Xhosa. That's on paper, he does he prove it? Does he have to prove it? How far does he have to prove his lineage? If his grandmother (or great-grandmother) was not a Xhosa (white, coloured, whatever) - does this mean that this person is not "pure" black any more? In future, what % of non-black in one's lineage will still be acceptable - 8%, 16%? The question is - is a 100% black more worthy of BEE help than a 50% black (also known as a Coloured in SA)? And 80%?

Trying to define and a "pure" African black is madness and smacks of the same mad thinking of the Hitler era and the promotion of the "pure" white (Aryan) race.......

While we are on the subject - what is an Indian person? How does one prove this? Lineage how far back? Grandmother or great-grandmother not "Indian", etc. Pure madness........

I see a future where a means test is the only thing that determines whether a person is worthy of BEE support. For the rest of us it should be the economic principles of supply and demand.
Listen up my friend,i`m white,i walk upright,and i can swing,and i am a African(perhaps i littel "skeef" but a african none the less:D :D

ajak

Expert Member
BTTB said:
ROFL.
Koeberg got that tee-shirt first!
We were celebrating "Another Night of Candles" the month before last. :D
he he now i remember that song,laaste keer wat ek dit gehoor het was in die meisies koshuis

ajak

Expert Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Haha.. very correct. I used to go to Plumstead prep and then to John Graham.. they were very coloured then and are almost exclusivley coloured by now I'm shure. I moved to Bergvliet instead of going to Plumbstead High School. That place has just gone down completley, unfortunaltely it is true that the coloured kids (not all of them) have made that school the **** hole it is today. It used to be a good school. These days Plumbstead is still a rather white area but probably 80% of the people there send their kids to better schools out of the area. This has happened to alot of other schools and is busy happening to many more. And not all of these kids are muslim, they are coloured, either christian or muslim.

And about there being no more Afrikaans government schools... well not in the Western Cape. There are tons, DF Malan is a huge school, probably 1200 kids and it is afrikaans medium only. It is state run as are most of the afrikaansschools around here and most of them are afrikaans medium only, though alot do have english streams now.
And how`s the pass rate in them Afrikaans School`s?:)

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
SoTrue said:
a 50% black (also known as a Coloured in SA)
Not really, a coloured person is mainly of a diffrent decent to that of an African. Most coloreds are from malasia, khoi and a bunch of other places. Not all are the result of breeding between whites and native blacks.

So coloured is seen as diffrent, not as a black mixed person.

The point is that you dont have to prove it (being black or coloured), its about how you look and your surname that can pretty much verify it. You can easily tell the diffrence between any white and non-white person and that is all the government needs.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
ajak said:
And how`s the pass rate in them Afrikaans School`s?:)
Ek weet nie... good i geuss.
Why you ask?
The Afrikaans schools always have about 15 out of the top 20 pupils in the Western Cape for matric results. They just seem to do better or have the best top few pupils, with like 110+% or whatever.

pupa

Banned
ajak said:
is a "khoi " not some kind of fish"?:)
Yeah I want to build my pond soon. Will be looking for various Koi's to create my own rainbow Fish'nation! (end joke). I will tell you one thing there will be no Fish'fraud here, I am a strict ruler! Hehe

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
SoTrue said:

But then again we cant go back tooo far trying to discover if some1 is a "pure" black because if you look at the DNA of thabo mbeki and Mandela u will see that both of them actually are from khoi origin. This was on Disovery channel a while ago where they traced people's dna to the earliest of times

ajak

Expert Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Ek weet nie... good i geuss.
Why you ask?
The Afrikaans schools always have about 15 out of the top 20 pupils in the Western Cape for matric results. They just seem to do better or have the best top few pupils, with like 110+% or whatever.
I went to Afrikaans Hoër Seuns Skool here in PRETORIA(not to be confused with the backward tswane)AFRIKAANS SCHOOLS RULE :D :D
sorry daars hy nou

Last edited:

pupa

Banned
ajak said:
I went to Afrikaans Hoer Seuns Skool here in PRETORIA(not to be confused with the backward tswane)AFRIKAANS SCHOOLS RULE :D :D
Ajak LoL Hoér Skool? Bliksemstraal nou werk die dingetjie soos sy gat ook nog!

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
ajak said:
I went to Afrikaans Hoer Seuns Skool here in PRETORIA(not to be confused with the backward tswane)AFRIKAANS SCHOOLS RULE :D :D
Dit weet ek.. Die meisies is mooier.. en um.. ja. dis maar al.
But afrikaans schools do rule.. except Hoerskool Voortrekker in cape town and Zwaanswyk.. wow.. crappy low class schools.

So are there any black kids at Hoêr Seuns Skool Pretoria of Hoer meisies skool pretoria? F0k.. hoe kry ek die blerrie merke bo die e van hoer?

Probeer om by die "garing" te bly..

pupa

Banned
Ekhaatvensters said:
Dit weet ek.. Die meisies is mooier.. en um.. ja. dis maar al.
But afrikaans schools do rule.. except Hoerskool Voortrekker in cape town and Zwaanswyk.. wow.. crappy low class schools.

So are there any black kids at Hoêr Seuns Skool Pretoria of Hoer meisies skool pretoria? F0k.. hoe kry ek die blerrie merke bo die e van hoer?

Probeer om by die "garing" te bly..
Gaan na die straat hoeke. Dit is ook hoekom ek ook vensters haat. Ek het altyd die fasiliteit (demmit kan nog spel in AFR) gehad waar ek 'n seleksie kan oproep en die karakters kies, die laaste opgradering het dit gesteel, Ek dag eers dit was Zuma toe vind ek uit dit was vensters! Ek druk die ' een keer en dan as jy die karakter druk dan werk dit party keer. ek kry in die geval 'n ' instede van die kolletjies!

ajak

Expert Member
pupa said:
Gaan na die straat hoeke. Dit is ook hoekom ek ook vensters haat. Ek het altyd die fasiliteit (demmit kan nog spel in AFR) gehad waar ek 'n seleksie kan oproep en die karakters kies, die laaste opgradering het dit gesteel, Ek dag eers dit was Zuma toe vind ek uit dit was vensters! Ek druk die ' een keer en dan as jy die karakter druk dan werk dit party keer. ek kry in die geval 'n ' instede van die kolletjies!
Like so Ë or like this Voëlgriep:D :D