Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

pupa

Banned
ajak said:
Insert. Symbols.....choose
Thanx, but that is what I do if using word? how from forum or desktop? Is there a toolbar somewhere for this!

SoTrue

Expert Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Not really, a coloured person is mainly of a diffrent decent to that of an African. Most coloreds are from malasia, khoi and a bunch of other places. Not all are the result of breeding between whites and native blacks.

So coloured is seen as diffrent, not as a black mixed person.

The point is that you dont have to prove it (being black or coloured), its about how you look and your surname that can pretty much verify it. You can easily tell the diffrence between any white and non-white person and that is all the government needs.
Sorry, I take the point about mixed "breeding" (somehow this word seems derogatory to me). I don't agree that you can distinguish a white person from a black (wide interpretation) person by appearance or surname. You also cannot by looking at a person determine that the person is 100% "pure" African black. Remember, according to the Eskom ruling "pure" African blacks are to be preferred to Coloured, Indians and other? blacks. Crazy.

ajak

Expert Member
SoTrue said:
Sorry, I take the point about mixed "breeding" (somehow this word seems derogatory to me). I don't agree that you can distinguish a white person from a black (wide interpretation) person by appearance or surname. You also cannot by looking at a person determine that the person is 100% "pure" African black. Remember, according to the Eskom ruling "pure" African blacks are to be preferred to Coloured, Indians and other? blacks. Crazy.
Jy sal weet dat jy n pikswart"african" is,dat as jy poep is dit 3 dae duisternis.:D :D

kilo39

Executive Member
Well said. This was why so many whites voted for ANC in 94 elections - they didn't realise they were voting for a new round of apartheid - they voted for a flat playing field - which has not been the result.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
SoTrue said:
Ja, right. It felt weird using that word dont worry.
I geuss you cant determine how truly "black" a person is, but I see your point now, its crazyness.

However you usually can tell between a coloured and a black, or atleast enough to have someone who looks african on your board of directors. Thats all that this is about, they want black africans, they dont care if they are truly african or anything as long as they look the part they can get the job. If you look to coloured then you dont fit in with the majority of BEE peeps.

Well it is crazy. Liked your comparison of it too Nazisms standards.. that would make Eskom pretty angry. Eish we are noot rasits! Look at me... generalising and being rasist again.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
kilo39 said:
Well said. This was why so many whites voted for ANC in 94 elections - they didn't realise they were voting for a new round of apartheid - they voted for a flat playing field - which has not been the result.
That is true, so what I would like to know is how the Nationale Party still got around 20% (i think it was a bit more) of the votes. Especially with alot of whites voting for the ANC or even the DP and then still a few other parties.
Was it the coloureds voting for the NP, or just the amount of whites in this country that emmigrated after 1994 really being alot more than I think?

Because aint no blacks votng for the NP on the 1994 elections. Unless they were intelligent and new they would win anyway so the yjust did it for a laugh.. but rasism is no laughing matter. Unless its Chinks.. or Jews.. noone like chinese people and rats that horde their jew gold.

ajak

Expert Member
When I was in the Congo in the late 60`s we use to do that, specially if we had a suspicion that we could be entering a minefield. You know something like Eskoms ruling

kilo39

Executive Member
That is true, so what I would like to know is how the Nationale Party still got around 20% (i think it was a bit more) of the votes. Especially with alot of whites voting for the ANC or even the DP and then still a few other parties.
Was it the coloureds voting for the NP, or just the amount of whites in this country that emmigrated after 1994 really being alot more than I think?
Your percentage just shows how difficult it was to get rid of the Nats - there was a large turnout... because many whites voted for a "strong" opposition.
Unless its Chinks.. or Jews.. noone like chinese people and rats that horde their jew gold.
and this is just unnecessary in 06 - and if you really think this then you should have some empathy for your fellow humans - whatever their beliefs or creed.

ajak

Expert Member
Ekhaatvensters said:
Hahaha.. im joking about jews.. but im geussing your one of them. With your filthy jew gold horded away in.. no wait.. i cant say.

Well in 06 i dont really care much. Noone does. But i'm just joking, my friends and I all do, i geuss its bad but we dont really care if someones Jewish or Chinese or watever. Dont take me too seriously.

Oh.. and what Im saying is: Are there 20% of the country being white people?
And not all white people, by quite a margin, voted for the NP. May voted ANC, so how did the Nats do so well in that election?

Damn.. i cant get any sentence structure right today...
WTF ond DS calls me old!!!!:D

pupa

Banned
Eskom defends 'black ruling'

Eskom will not exclude the other designated groups, apart from black people, from the company's affirmative action process, in spite of a decision by the Cape arbitration court and statements made by the trade union Solidarity?
Hard to understand this statement! So I can apply for the affirmative action Job, or is the "Non Whites only" or "Blacks Only" sign now on the bench! Is whites is not part of the "designated group". They must be something different then, superior or something? Maybe the something = "ReverseD discrimination!"

Last edited: