Eugene Terblanche the "prophet" (and racist)

At the end of the day I see almost nothing that I cannot see as truth, in the linked video specifically.
 
We could also recognise that inflicting negative consequences on someone for an event over which they had no power is fundamentally unfair... then we could emigrate. Which is what a lot of people are choosing to do.

I think perhaps it isn't so much a case of "now it's over it they want to take all their gains and go off somewhere without having to deal with the consequences of screwing over the majority of the country for 40 years" but instead that those white people alive today who had nothing to do with Apartheid don't want to bear the negative consequences.

We have plenty of people who had nothing to do with Apartheid suffer because of it but they dont get to walk away from the consequences unscathed they dont get to brush of the guilt they have to live it.
 
We could also recognise that inflicting negative consequences on someone for an event over which they had no power is fundamentally unfair... then we could emigrate. Which is what a lot of people are choosing to do.

I think perhaps it isn't so much a case of "now it's over it they want to take all their gains and go off somewhere without having to deal with the consequences of screwing over the majority of the country for 40 years" but instead that those white people alive today who had nothing to do with Apartheid don't want to bear the negative consequences.

Spot on, do not want to bear the negative consequences, so much so, want to sweep it under the carpet or mitigate it to the level of a misdemeanour. Just because you do not have the means to leave or really want to lend a hand in sorting out the crap, that your forebears initiated, does not give you a free pass. Rainbow nation and reconciliation only works when all, all work together. As we now know, we did not have that level of maturity as a society... to truly find each other...mistrust led to sunset on the illusion of rainbow nation....and now we sit with reality....how we deal with our reality is how our future society will be determined.
 
We have plenty of people who had nothing to do with Apartheid suffer because of it but they dont get to walk away from the consequences unscathed they dont get to brush of the guilt they have to live it.
Guilt? How can there be guilt in an action you had no say in and no power over?

What exactly am I guilty of sir?
 
Guilt? How can there be guilt in an action you had no say in and no power over?

What exactly am I guilty of sir?

Guilt was not the correct word.

The point is you dont care because you where not negatively affected its impact is minimal.
 
Spot on, do not want to bear the negative consequences, so much so, want to sweep it under the carpet or mitigate it to the level of a misdemeanour.
No no Apartheid was not a misdemeanour. It was a terrible violation of human rights and dignity. All I'm saying is I'm tired of being blamed for it. I didn't cause it. I hold no guilt here.

If I choose to leave this country it isn't a case of me taking my ill gotten gains and running before I have to deal with the consequences. Instead it is a case of me not feeling like I should have to deal with the consequences of something I didn't cause.


Just because you do not have the means to leave or really want to lend a hand in sorting out the crap, that your forebears initiated, does not give you a free pass.
Unfortunately that is the unfair reality of what many in this country believe yes.


Rainbow nation and reconciliation only works when all, all work together. As we now know, we did not have that level of maturity as a society... to truly find each other...mistrust led to sunset on the illusion of rainbow nation....and now we sit with reality....how we deal with our reality is how our future society will be determined.
Racial discrimination is not working together. It's working against some and for others. Taking land from people on the basis of race isn't working together.
 
They never thought the party/music would end...and their leaders cared two shits about the end game.
Do you guys do any history at all? The end game of handing over power with the new constitution and the rainbow nation dream was basically as good as it gets.
 
Guilt was not the correct word.

The point is you dont care because you where not negatively affected its impact is minimal.
I want the issue fixed. I just feel there are better ways to fix it than racial discrimination and stomping on our right to property.

I shouldn't be forced to suffer the negative ramifications of something I had no say in. Expecting me to do so is unfair.
 
I want the issue fixed. I just feel there are better ways to fix it than racial discrimination and stomping on our right to property.

I shouldn't be forced to suffer the negative ramifications of something I had no say in. Expecting me to do so is unfair.

My point is we are all suffering negative effects of it no one is shielded from it.
 
Do you guys do any history at all? The end game of handing over power with the new constitution and the rainbow nation dream was basically as good as it gets.

This issue is not History, it is how you reconcile it with the facts. Apartheid was a power system, inherently a power system does not give up power willingly...the end game that you believe is just what you said, a dream conclusion.
 
My point is we are all suffering negative effects of it no one is shielded from it.
Sure, and my point is that there is only one race group currently facing state-sanctioned policies of racial discrimination and not all the members of that group are guilty, and hence deserving, of it.

I can understand perfectly why a lot of the people in that position don't want to hang around here much longer.
 
This issue is not History, it is how you reconcile it with the facts. Apartheid was a power system, inherently a power system does not give up power willingly...the end game that you believe is just what you said, a dream conclusion.
Complete new agey maxist BS. Power was given up willingly. It happened 17 March 1992.
 
Even though I too was young at the time I have enormous respect for that man, would follow him in a heartbeat.
What is your opinion and views regarding his racist views, since you feel that you could follow him in a heartbeat?
 
If you didnt know homelands have been abolished and incorporated into SA, you are more than welcome to anoint some ceremonial Afrikaner King if you so choose, but it will be nothing much like the other royals.
The zulu king owns 60 percent of the land mass in KZN, can we get a similar deal?

So how come they didn't go it alone when they where in charge and had the ability to make it happen? Apartheid was a pretty good deal for white people - now it's over it they want to take all their gains and go off somewhere without having to deal with the consequences of screwing over the majority of the country for 40 years.

The consequences are hardly apartheids fault, this type of governance happens all over Africa. Show me exactly were in Africa you do not have corrupt leaders.
 
I'm actually For responsibility. It is when you start doing this that the floodgates open and your perceptions adjust, i.e. you are going to take responsibility for the correct allegations and expect reciprocation or balance.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X