Evetech- Worst service ever

chris4ems

What an unbelievably horrible experience buying from these people.
I purchased a mouse from them on the 27th of Feb and paid a courier fee to have it delivered and I am still without a mouse (14 March). They sent me a faulty one which I eventually received around the 5th or 6th of March. I notified them immediately about this and asked what I should do now. They then responded and told me they would need arrange collection that would take up to 3 days. Now 9 days after I've informed them of the faulty mouse (and 10 emails later!) they have the audacity to tell me that I never told them it was packed and ready to be shipped?! I asked them in my original email what I should do now and it took them 9 days to tell me this and that I will be dealing with someone who has the mentality of a child??
Be very careful of dealing with these people. There are many other tech companies out there with much better prices and 100 times better service like Wootware and Computersonly.
I will rather chew my arm of than ever have to deal with these people again.

evilskaap

Expert Member
I'm interested in the mouse you purchased, and where you can get it for a 'much better price'?

Pitbull

Verboten
Yet, people don't do a simple google when googling evetech

Of the first 6 hits, 3 are of MyBB people complaining about them :D

R4ziel

Expert Member
Be very careful of dealing with these people. There are many other tech companies out there with much better prices and 100 times better service like Wootware and Computersonly.
I'm starting to think this is a marketing campaign for wootware at this stage, These threads pop up often enough with exactly the same complaint, its almost funny.

Sorry to hear about your mouse, hope you get it sorted out

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm starting to think this is a marketing campaign for wootware at this stage, These threads pop up often enough with exactly the same complaint, its almost funny.

Sorry to hear about your mouse, hope you get it sorted out
I honestly don't think Wootware needs this type of advertising. We as a community use them as much as we can. We will gladly refer someone there if they ask :) No need to post these type of things to get clients, we'll gladly send them there :D

ponder

Honorary Master
There are many other tech companies out there with much better prices and 100 times better service like Wootware and Computersonly.
I will rather chew my arm of than ever have to deal with these people again.
So why did you buy from them if you knew there were better options?

Ryansr

Expert Member
I'm about to get something from Evetech and they were the cheapest around when I checked last on the component prices. Hopefully things goes well but I will remain skeptical until I've actually tested all the components I will be receiving them. Will try to let you guys know.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I'm about to get something from Evetech and they were the cheapest around when I checked last on the component prices. Hopefully things goes well but I will remain skeptical until I've actually tested all the components I will be receiving them. Will try to let you guys know.
From reading threads, it should be fine, it's the after sales support that's mostly bad.

ThatOtherDude

I used to work for a MAJOR South African distributor.

returns (AKA: faulties) is what ruins an IT distributor.

all those faulty cases, motherboards, hard drives, CPU's NEVER get sent back to the supplier (Taiwan?)

The company's profit needs to cover the warranty items.

We used to repair as much as possible & use the repaired items in warranty replacements. (mostly motherboards and modems)

yes I'm THAT old.

-

RedViking

Nord of the South
From reading threads, it should be fine, it's the after sales support that's mostly bad.
My PSU has been with them since the 11th, with confirmation that the item is faulty, the RMA process was started probably more than a week before that. They wanted to charge me R400 to courier the faulty item to then. I said they are crazy in their heads, their response is I am welcome to use my own courier. Paid R100 for Courier Guy.

Since the 11th I have had no feedback yet. It is noted that the RMA can take up to 21 working days.

So yes there is support, just DAMN slow.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Update on my previous post in this thread:

Evetech has done an excellent job i.t.o. the delivery and the components I ordered (MB, CPU and RAM) does look great as well as the CPU cooler from Raru. Ordered all components on the same date (late night on 30 Oct) and were all in stock, but could only pay for the Raru order and then for the first part of my Evetech order (MB, RAM) on the same day through EFT (Evetech) and CC (Raru). The next day I paid for the second part (different order #) of my Evetech order in full. and also sent through the proofs as requested by Evetech. Throughout the past week, both Evetech and Raru has kept me up to date on the status of the order and Evetech were nice enough to combine the two separate orders for delivery. Raru delivered my order on Monday this week.

Awaiting to see how the prices will be like for Black Friday on 23 November before purchasing the case and PSU since I don't have money for the GPU that I want yet.