Fed up with Telkom's Service

Koosie

Good day,

I need some help, on the 28/05/2016 I completed my telephonic order and contract with a sales agent for the 20gig LTE broadband package. I was informed that it will take 3-7 working days for the delivery, ok all fine. On the 01/06/2016 I get debited R399.00 to then get told by several call centre agents that they do that for "account verification" how the F is that fine if have not authorized a debit order for that date. Today 08/06/2016 I have not received my package, On Sunday I am going to Cape Town for a week and as far as I know telkom will charge me the courier cost if I do not collect it. I refuse as this will be outside the promised delivery time.

The 10120 number I hold for over 45 mins at a time, the 081 180 I just get told that they will log a query with sales to call me back,

I am seriously considering cancelling this thing. If it starts like this then I don't know.

Anyone else with the same issues?

LaraC

Honorary Master
Yikes, slow delivery. :eek:

Do you have a Telkom store close to you where you can collect it and cancel the online order?

Koosie

The problem with that is I have not recieved any order numbers or reference numbers,

Very frustrating

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Join the club, waiting patiently for Greencom to finish the fibre installation in my complex so I can switch.

LaraC

Honorary Master
The problem with that is I have not recieved any order numbers or reference numbers,

Very frustrating
I'm sure a representative at a Telkom shop will be able to trace the order number. Hopefully I'm not proved wrong. :)

atomcrusher

Expert Member
The words "Telkom" and "Service" should never be used in the same sentence, never mind as the title to a post!

Koosie

Surprise surprise, Just received an sms that my order was loaded into the courier vehicle including my tracking number,

Still cant say that my faith in Telkom has improved...

LaraC

Honorary Master
Surprise surprise, Just received an sms that my order was loaded into the courier vehicle including my tracking number,

Still cant say that my faith in Telkom has improved...
Wow, a little bit of good news. :)

They might have had a slow start but Telkom LTE is very good and I don't think it will disappoint. ;)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Buying online or telephonically with Telkom is like erosion, a slow and tedious process. Rather go to the store if you can, hear if they have stock, and only if they do does one buy what one wants...