Ff3 problem with UUNET FTP

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Hi all

I can get in to /pub/incoming no problem, but as soon as I try go to a folder I get prompted for user name/password?

anonymous/anonymous, guest/guest etc. don't work.

Anyone else experiencing this, more importantly has anyone got a fix?

Thanks. :)

mh348

Expert Member
Nothing of interest guys. :)

What happens if you go to ftp://ftp.uunet.co.za/pub/incoming then once there, add the folder name to the end of the address in the address bar and press enter?

That's when I get an error.

I seem to be able to access folders if I go directly to the folder name i.e. ftp://ftp.uunet.co.za/pub/incoming/foldername but I can't access folders by editing the address? :confused:

Works fine for me, I went to ftp://ftp.uunet.co.za/pub/incoming

then after it loaded, I just typed /myadsl at the end and it went into the myadsl folder

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Figured out what the problem was - was using a proxy that helps load YouTube videos.

Using cache.saix.net and all okay now.

Nothing special guys, if I happen to find something special I'll add it to the UUNET FTP thread I created a while ago. ;)

Phatcat101

hey folks, can anyone please explain to me exactly wat a cache server is. i notice saix has one and so does axxess. i know what a newsgroup server is but no idea what this cache server is. please advice. thanks.

killadoob

Honorary Master
sorry to hijack but have any of been able to get int your router Via FF3 i cannot

have to use IE

killadoob

Honorary Master
sorry to hijack but have any of been able to get into your router Via FF3 i cannot

english

i used to able to change my account setting and router settings in FF since FF3 came out i get into my router but cannot change any settings

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
sorry to hijack but have any of been able to get into your router Via FF3 i cannot

english

i used to able to change my account setting and router settings in FF since FF3 came out i get into my router but cannot change any settings

disable the SAIX proxy before trying to log into your router. :)