Fiber - Springs

ijacobs3

Expert Member
See there is a frogfoot junction in Zig Zag road near Medicross
everyone getting on it lol

my folks in selcourt got approached by openserve this weekend, apparently they now live as well

Pai

Got my installation done just waiting for vuma to update something on there side so that axxess can activate my service, Casseldale is actually live, that's what the installwrs told me

HowTo

Expert Member
Got my installation done just waiting for vuma to update something on there side so that axxess can activate my service, Casseldale is actually live, that's what the installwrs told me
How did you get the installer to install. @ijacobs3 had endless trouble to get his installed. Vodacom did not want to do untill Vuma said area is live.
Well at least we know something more.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
How did you get the installer to install. @ijacobs3 had endless trouble to get his installed. Vodacom did not want to do untill Vuma said area is live.
Well at least we know something more.
Vumatel showed as live the Wednesday where I stay, I harassed them for a full day, and a date was scheduled

Same day activation as well , which apparently isn’t a thing on vumatel

Pai

I phoned them on the 6th just to fins out what's going on with the pre orders because i was abit concerned that they won't come do the install before axxess promotion ends but was told that if i pre ordered for before the promotion ends i will still be part of the promotion, and that was that, last week monday axxess phoned me about my order and confirmed it, Thursday it got delivered and Friday vuma called me to confirm my installation date and when will i be available, that was that didn't even have an issue with them, except for now it shouldve been activated by 15:00 this afternoon but apparently my installation hasn't been processed by vuma
@HowTo

Pai

So i phoned axxess again before 16:00 and the support agent phoned vuma herself again and apparently they processed it when she phoned them, she said it won't take more than a hour so hopefully if i go check it will be activated

HowTo

Expert Member
So i phoned axxess again before 16:00 and the support agent phoned vuma herself again and apparently they processed it when she phoned them, she said it won't take more than a hour so hopefully if i go check it will be activated
Active or not.

HowTo

Expert Member
Saw them drilling underneath the road at circle at the bottom of Casseldale Spar.
Opposite site of Spar, corner.

HowTo

Expert Member
It seems @Pai did not follow rules laid down by Vuma.

You need to apply via Vuma site for install. See attachment.
Payment of R1725 for install.

Don't know how it works from diff. ISP install for free? Does the ISP pay's for the installation and pay's back Vuma.

Vuma still indicates Casseldale is not live yet.

Attachments

HowTo

Expert Member
Some exciting news.

N17 was completed.

Casseldale needs some more main feeder fiber cable. Also needs to be connected from Selection Park.
That is why they were drilling underneath the road below Spar. Ring network needs to be completed.
This fiber will run along, next to the vlei. Don't have more info on this. Don't know were there Junction boxes are. They are putting feeder fiber cable from Selection Park to Casseldale.
You can see that they also crossed the road just a bit down from the Pub.

Saw two pink vans traveling towards Casseldale. They guy I spoke to said once you see those vans you know fiber is near you. Install guys.

Edelweiss will make use of N17 crossing.
Currently they are shooting fiber to Edelweiss main junction box in Butler road. This is good news. (3.9Km fiber cable.)
Selection Park will also be used alsong side the Mall route via N17.
Edelweiss fiber splicing is done on both sides. Just main feeder cable outstanding.
Then the testing can begin.

One fiber is currently at Engen garage. (Outside in a figure 8 configuration.) It seems the unit that pushes fiber cable does not have enough oomph.

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
Axxess cover the full install and setup costs for Vuma. You don't pay a cent!
This is wat the one person explained to me. (ISP maintain the fiber hood in your area}
It still stays with Vuma the infrastructure but Axcess or who ever maintain the fiber hood.

HowTo

Expert Member
@Pai sorry. I just got confirmation that a couple of fiber installs were done over the last two days.
Vuma bakkie driver told me. He does maintenance in this area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuu

HowTo

Expert Member
Next on the agenda.
Busy testing from houses to Street Cabinet racks. See if they pick light from fiber install.
This is on "Bokke" side of Edelweiss.

HowTo

Expert Member
Morning

They are taken fiber back to Selection Park. They are busy at the entrance opposite Mall.
This feeder cable needs to be spliced with Edelweiss. This cable needs to end up at the POP.

Edelweiss they busy testing street functionality again. This is another crowed as yesterday.
Once this is done and feeder cables are spliced then they can start testing via POP.
Meaning back to street level. Once everything is tested then Edelweiss "Bokke" can go live.

Blomme side does not have feeder cables installed.

Spoke to the guy he said Cassledale and Strubenvlae is live. Vuma website still shows opposite.

HowTo

Expert Member
Morning

When will Vuma update there web-site.

I have spoken to quit a few people I meet about Casseldale and Strubenvale live. All said fair amount of installation done in Casseldale area. According to most all said they are live. Vuma people included.

Anyone from Casseldale that can verify this?

nemisiz

speaking to vuma they can't install until it is live. phoning them daily now. all they say is end of the month.

Pai

@HowTo sorry for the delayed response, yes some isp do provide free installation even if you do order through the vuma website, you don't have to necessarily order through the vuma website,you can order at your preferred isp website aswell, regarding payment they pay vuma upfront most likely and it get worked into their promotion they have, also i can't change to another isp, only after 12 months ill be able to cancel if i wish todo so, if i do cancel axxes before 12 months I'd be being a penalty, amount unknown,but it seems to me that their not fully live within Casseldale since my connection is down right now so it looks like their busy somewhere

HowTo

Expert Member
@HowTo sorry for the delayed response, yes some isp do provide free installation even if you do order through the vuma website, you don't have to necessarily order through the vuma website,you can order at your preferred isp website aswell, regarding payment they pay vuma upfront most likely and it get worked into their promotion they have, also i can't change to another isp, only after 12 months ill be able to cancel if i wish todo so, if i do cancel axxes before 12 months I'd be being a penalty, amount unknown,but it seems to me that their not fully live within Casseldale since my connection is down right now so it looks like their busy somewhere
Yes I know about the ISP.
It is strange that with some they install and others don't.

You have gone with Axxess they did the install. And not through Vuma.
This could be catch 22. Any way best of luck.
Report back now and then let us know.