Fiber - Springs

Vodacom can't do nothing till the fat lady sings. (Fat lady Vuma)
They can do the install but no internet.
You say that, But when i phone Axxess or Afrihost they know nothing about the fibre being live. Vodacom subscribers on the other hand are having it installed. I feel Vodacom has a better handle on the "pre-order" as i was signed up with them and then cancelled. I did receive a call asking me if i had fibre installed from Vodacom the same day the friend above did. He got fibre, i did not.

Pai

You say that, But when i phone Axxess or Afrihost they know nothing about the fibre being live. Vodacom subscribers on the other hand are having it installed.
vuma doesn't even know when it will be active so how will vodacom be able to magically make the connection live

Pai

They maybe do the installs but doesn't mean you will have internet connection

HowTo

Expert Member
You say that, But when i phone Axxess or Afrihost they know nothing about the fibre being live. Vodacom subscribers on the other hand are having it installed. I feel Vodacom has a better handle on the "pre-order" as i was signed up with them and then cancelled. I did receive a call asking me if i had fibre installed from Vodacom the same day the friend above did. He got fibre, i did not.
Having fiber installed does not mean it active. That is the bottom line.
Vuma supplies the infrastructure and ISP connect to the infrastructure. If not being live fiber signals can't get to the installation or ONT box.

Reactions: Pai

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Vuma supplies the infrastructure and ISP connect to the infrastructure. If not being live fiber signals can't get to the installation or ONT box.
Another Friend of mine got a call, His install and activation will be within the next 2 weeks

Vuma knows what happening. ISP are just not following up properly. That is a screen grab from video a friend got from a Vuma employee. Saying the ISP cancelled it. Line is ready to install.

Attachments

HowTo

Expert Member
It seems there is a bit on confusion here.
Selection Park Vuma install base ends before N17 highway.

Selcourt starts after the N17 highway this is Openserve country. Park hotel and Tennis courts fall in Selcourt area.
This is looking at map info. Openserve (Telkom) did there install a while back.
This thread is about Vuma base install here in Springs. Vuma tried to also install fiber in Selcourt area but stopped.
This would have caused that Selcourt residence would get there pavements dug up for the second time.

Corrected

Last edited:

ijacobs3

Expert Member
It seems there is a bit on confusion here.
Selection Park Vuma install base ends before N17 highway.

Selcourt starts after the N17 highway this is Openserve country. Park hotel and Tennis courts fall in Selcourt area.
This is looking at map info. Openserve (Telkom) did there install a while back.
This thread is about Vuma base install here in Springs. Vuma tried to also install fiber in Selcourt area but stopped.
This would have caused that Selcourt residence would get there pavements dug up for the second time.

Selcourt starts at coaton ave up to rhokana , coaton down up to zigzag is selection park

HowTo

Expert Member
apologies for the crudeness , but this is how i see them possibly doing it

View attachment 703529
I have used N17 quit often never saw Vuma trenching in Area2.
My son lives in Area3, saw lots of activity there.

Vuma is very quite currently don't know what is happening.
Then Vuma can split fiber ready in Edelweiss on both sides "Blomme and "Bokke".?

HowTo

Expert Member
Hi all spoke to a person called Pepo Collin from Vuma he said Edelweiss end September. (on his cell}
Not holding thumbs.
It seems so much work and so little time.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I have used N17 quit often never saw Vuma trenching in Area2.
My son lives in Area3, saw lots of activity there.

Vuma is very quite currently don't know what is happening.
Then Vuma can split fiber ready in Edelweiss on both sides "Blomme and "Bokke".?

Having done Neighborhood watch patrols in the area, i can assure you the were very very busy there :)

HowTo

Expert Member
The in house installation started on Thursday. ISP calls to schedule installation started on Tuesday. The trenching started a few months ago though. I also just got his message directly from Vuma a few minutes ago.
Tnx
Tnx.
Assume that is the main Fiber for the network.

Going on leave again. 1st Sep back on 6th September. Badplaas here i come.

HowTo

Expert Member
Vuma fixed hollow pipe. Pulled fiber through. Needs splicing in junction box to patch lead.

Pavement is also cemented back.
See when splicing will take place.