Flight Simulator 2020

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

Feature Discovery Series Episode 11: Reno Air Races - Microsoft Flight Simulator​

Watch as David Dedeine, Creative Director as Asobo Studios, delves into details on our new expansion, Reno Air Races, coming November 18th.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Game of the year update is out... It's time to buzz the tower....
47ffb040970d9bcaa327319edf5c5f89.jpg

5061f1fd9725eabe09938337930e3085.jpg

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition - Available Now​

Available now! We are thrilled to release the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition as a "thank you" to our fans who have made the sim such a phenomenon.

The Game of the Year Edition is enhanced with 5 brand new aircraft and 8 additional handcrafted airports, new missions, tutorials, features, photogrammetry cities, and includes all of the content updates released since launch in 2020.

The GOTY Edition is a free update for owners of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and is included in Xbox Game Pass on PC and Xbox Series X|S. Also available on the Microsoft Store and Steam. The sky is calling!

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

Thrustmaster and Boeing collaborate on $500 flight yoke and quadrant - TechSpot​

Authentic Boeing Dreamliner flight controls in your own home

2021-11-18-image-30.jpg

Thrustmaster announced on November 9 the pre-order details and availability dates of the TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and TCA Quadrant Boeing Edition, which they plan to sell individually and bundled.

The idea is to recreate the controls of a 787 as closely as possible in the comfort of someone's home. The peripherals will be compatible with both Xbox consoles and PC.

The yoke—the steering wheel for a plane—is a full-scale replica from a 787 Dreamliner with 100 percent metal internals. Its pendular system replicates the swing of a genuine floor-mounted Boeing control column on a desk or table.

It features 18 action buttons, including official Xbox buttons, and a mini-stick controller for mapping options. It also includes a stand for a mobile device, among other features.

2021-11-18-image-31.jpg

The quadrant, which includes the throttle controls, is also meant to replicate what one would find in an actual Boeing. It has 17 action buttons of its own, three axes, and four swappable levers for extensive per-game customization.

However, Thrustmaster designed both peripherals to simulate airliners and private planes as opposed to fighter planes.

Users can also pair both devices with Thrustmaster's separate pendular rudder and rudder pedals.

Brawler

Honorary Master
GOTY edition is pretty cool. It's fun flying the F18 around.
Playing on the XBOX I have noticed some more automation though? Like the planes flaps/throttle/rudder are automated. A new setting for noobs that I can turn off I hope.

Voicy

Honorary Master
GOTY edition is pretty cool. It's fun flying the F18 around.
Playing on the XBOX I have noticed some more automation though? Like the planes flaps/throttle/rudder are automated. A new setting for noobs that I can turn off I hope.
Auto rudder assist has always been under the accessibility options. So you should be able to remove it there.

Under the same options they have now included simulated G-force effects. So when you pull too many G's your pilot gets tunnel vision and can pass out. You even hear him breathing heavily after a hard G pull.

As for the flaps, the F/A-18 has a toggle in the cockpit (left side) for manual and auto flaps. You might have to disable assisted landing controls if you're getting auto flaps in other planes.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Also for those who doesn't know whit the Extra 330 is for and why it's so twitchy.

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

Microsoft Flight Simulator starts 2022 with new update - PC Invasion​

"The early bird gets the worm."

FlightSimulator_6SDkxZEB7f-800x400.jpg

Like clockwork, Asobo Studios has already managed to roll out a brand-new update for Microsoft Flight Simulator within the first week of 2022.

This new update deploys a lot of bug fixes to the sim, targeting areas such as abnormalities with the weather engine, sim crashes, VR issues, and some issues with different aircraft, just to name a few.

The initial update is just under 1GB. It’s exceptionally compact compared to the usual several gigs that Microsoft Flight Simulator updates have become infamous for being.

That said, make sure to also download the updates in the Content Manager, which may be just a few gigs depending on what you have installed.

Moosedrool

Executive Member

Microsoft Flight Simulator starts 2022 with new update - PC Invasion​

"The early bird gets the worm."

FlightSimulator_6SDkxZEB7f-800x400.jpg

They need multiplayer co pilot mode. But I get why the networking for that might be a serious technical challenge.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
I bought the cheapo cheapie cheap stick from logitech. But it works so I'm happy.