FNB hit by mobile and online banking problems

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

FNB has confirmed that it is suffering issues with some of its banking platforms.

This follows a sharp increase in reports of issues since 06:00 this morning on DownDetector, although users have also complained of issues that started yesterday evening.

According to DownDetector, issues suffered by users affect both online banking and mobile banking, and the website's outage map shows spikes in all major centres.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Could not pay for my order on takealot last night or earlier today.

Takealot site said they were having issues with fnb cards.

Used the masterpass app instead with my fnb card linked on the app.

phly

Expert Member
Could not even buy airtime last night - all morning too

Method

Executive Member
I could not use "FNB Pay" yesterday, which is something they are forcing us to use for eBucks...

Zapper worked perfectly fine though...

Nemoneiros

Executive Member

FNB has confirmed that it is suffering issues with some of its banking platforms.

This follows a sharp increase in reports of issues since 06:00 this morning on DownDetector, although users have also complained of issues that started yesterday evening.

According to DownDetector, issues suffered by users affect both online banking and mobile banking, and the website's outage map shows spikes in all major centres.
Seems fine to me
I got my prepaid electricity via snap scan 8am and then went shopping tapping twice :unsure:

Solitude

Executive Member
Phew, made a purchase this morning and didn't even know there were problems. Everything worked just fine.

acidrain

Executive Member
7:15 the buy option was completely removed from OB which killed Electricity and Airtime purchases.

Had to register with EasyPay to get electricity.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Wanted to withdraw money from an account getting interest I rarely use. The problem encountered was somebody higher up locked the account due to inactivity, and the branch could not find this person, not answering his phone, not reacting to e-mails, had to pay via another account at other bank, 3 days no problem. Now 4 days have not heard from them...The branch could do the unlocking before, they now stripped from these rights. Its ok for security, but a pain if you needs money from them.

wbot

Expert Member
Yup I haven't been able to do anything since last night.

Also my Vodacom internet has been super slow all day today with lost signals and everything so double whammy for me

SeanFen01

I could not do any share trading yesterday and lost revenue and opportunities to supplement my meagre income which has been killed off by CoVID19. The share platform is the only way I have been making money the last 3months..

eehellfire

Honorary Master
I could not do any share trading yesterday and lost revenue and opportunities to supplement my meagre income which has been killed off by CoVID19. The share platform is the only way I have been making money the last 3months..
Have you ever looked at Standard Bank Online Share Trading? Their platform is impressive

flbjhb

As a bank there should be rollback plans which has to be approved as part of change control. You want to tell me they have no change control and no rollback plans?